Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
umm_bacon
Medium Pimpin

Drives: 07 Gerbil Powered Hatchback
Will this work?

After doing some thinking and reading on the forum and other sites, I think I know what I'd like to do. I also think this would work, but I'd like some verification if possible. Can I put on Konig Feather 15 x 6.5 and use the stock 185-60-15's? I am thinking that the ultimate life of the tire might suffer a bit, but that should work alright, correct? I'd also like to get a set of the Tanabe NF210's. I am not looking for a drastically lowered look, as I travel over bumps daily, but I figured the lighter wheels and being about an inch lower might increase over all performance a bit. I am sure that this identical question has been answered numerous times, but I really appreciate any input I can get. Thanks!
umm_bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
185/60/15's can fit rims from 4.5" to 7", so you should have no problems, and there is absolutely no reason why the "ultimate life of the tire might suffer a bit..."

Lowering your car won't improve overall performance at all, but may improve handling at the expense of ride comfort.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:47 AM   #3
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I have the NF springs on my sedan and it was like day and night with the handling. The stocks tires will be ok. Be aware though the stock tires at least mine were only about 30,000 mile tires. I already had to change mine out. I went to the Yokohama Avid TRZ.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:01 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

This will help you match tires and rims

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
acdaazn

Drives: Toyota
After finishing with the stock tires, you should consider wider tires. Wider tires = more contact with the road, hence better *stable* top speed on highway, and better handling. Thus, maybe you should also look into the 16s as they look better and are wider than the 15s.

IMHO, for 1k budget, you should get WHEELS/TIRES, CAI/SRI, PULLEY, and SPRINGS. There really isn't a need for coilover if you drive it as a daily. *I personally really hate the idea of lowering so much to the point where I HAVE to pay attention to every single dip on the road* All of those should come out to maybe 1.1k possible 1k.