Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2008, 04:14 AM   #19
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo View Post
Sell it and buy the 1.5L version, or buy faster car :)
I'm not familiar with the cars in egypt, so i'd listen to your buddy over there, and agree with you, kimo.
anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #20
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
some nice clean Denso Iridium IK16's would actually help out.

i think your best mod would be a swap.. it'll cost less than a turbo kit and will be more reliable.. how about the 1.8 from the Tsport?
The Yaris (at least the 1.5 and the 1.8) come with Denso Iridiums from factory. That why I said there is not much to gain by changing the plugs.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #21
The Shape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I will probably make some mad with this comment, but if you are wanting to race and go fast this is probably not the car for you. Don't get me wrong I love driving the Yaris it is a really nice fuel efficent car and fun to drive, but from a dead stop there are a few large displacement Mo-Peds that would probably take it.
The Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #22
LittleRed
LittleRed

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback 5spd
I have put in pulse plugs in my yaris and they definately helped with torque and hp, they did take 800-1000 miles for the computer to adjust...one did fail prematurely<apparently the insulator for the capicator was too thin>..and i put the orig plugs back in until i got another replacement under warranty<5oK>
and could tell the decrease in power...they are re-installed again...who ever says their isnt a difference in spark plugs is wrong...even if i have to replace them again..theyre still worth it..i also put in a AEM cold-air intake that has helped with upper Rpm passing power...using 91 octane has also helped<higher retards timing> good luck
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #23
JapRulezz

Drives: yaris sedan 2NZ-FE
The car manual says 92 hp ? ...i dunno how come , but honestly i think its power is under-rated and more powerful than some 1.6s at high revs like opel corsa 1.6 and golf 1.6
JapRulezz is offline   Reply With Quote