Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #19
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
I know there are different types of mounts. There are the universal types that often don't fit very well on any specific car since they're "universal". Then there are mounts made for specific cars.

I've tried many types of mounts for the different cars in my family and the car specific mounts were always the best.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #20
battleversiontc

Drives: 08 vip yaris
i seem to get the universals to work i havent run into any problems yet on any cars and its only obvious that car specfic ones work the best just because there designed for the car that its going into. but there are car specfic ones that will work with different models of the same make you may just have to bend the bracket alittle as most companys use similar mounting solutions for the radio that it bolts into thats why when they normally sell dash kits they cover a broad range of cars under that make because the mounting solution is the same
mecp masters certified
battleversiontc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #21
bakrazero

Drives: Yaris 2009
iPhone mount solution

I finally went with a mount I found on dealsextreme.com (link). It looks great as you can see in the picture. It is inexpensive but does not look cheap. Next I need to find an Apple connector (at the bottom) to go to an Aux stereo pin to complete this combo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forumpiciphone.jpg (138.4 KB, 180 views)
bakrazero is offline   Reply With Quote