Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
Thumbs up NST SSK arrived this morning

Just got a second hand NST SSK in the mail this morning. The installation was done in 5 minutes tops. Very easy install without having to remove anything out of the way.

All I have to say is, why did I wait so long to join the rest of the YW community in their AMAZING shifting? This made an incredible difference! Throws are so short making shifting super fast. Also, I've read a lot about it causing the shifting to be a lot harder to do.... not much harder at all, to be honest. It's perfect and I love it!

The only trouble I ran into was when I pulled the linkage off the post, the washer fell down onto a little ledge and it took me a minute with a flashlight to find it. Other than that, all peachy.

Thanks id3379 for the sale!
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
good stuff, don't forget to get the cage and cable bushings when you can, they really tighten things up!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
good stuff, don't forget to get the cage and cable bushings when you can, they really tighten things up!
+1

I was running just the engine kit for awhile and replaced the bushing about a month later. Took me a couple days to really take notice, but at this point, I wouldn't go back for anything
Old 09-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.dollimount View Post
Just got a second hand NST SSK in the mail this morning. The installation was done in 5 minutes tops. Very easy install without having to remove anything out of the way.

All I have to say is, why did I wait so long to join the rest of the YW community in their AMAZING shifting? This made an incredible difference! Throws are so short making shifting super fast. Also, I've read a lot about it causing the shifting to be a lot harder to do.... not much harder at all, to be honest. It's perfect and I love it!

The only trouble I ran into was when I pulled the linkage off the post, the washer fell down onto a little ledge and it took me a minute with a flashlight to find it. Other than that, all peachy.

Thanks id3379 for the sale!
Awesome... I have always been on the fence for this mod however I am leaning more toward it being justified once I have my tranny fluid swapped out and my turbo in place.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Awesome... I have always been on the fence for this mod however I am leaning more toward it being justified once I have my tranny fluid swapped out and my turbo in place.
I swapped out my tranny fluid a couple weeks ago. That was a nice thing to do and may be the reason my shifting isn't as rough after installing the SSK like other people have experienced?
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:56 AM   #6
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
cool and great

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
great product made...3 thumbs up!!