Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 AM   #19
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
i had an AFE intake. dry. but i did have a few issues with it. we have some severe rain here and it got really wet during high rain fall. i didnt like it much when my car would 'bog down' and would not start due to a MAF failure. other than that, the thing was awesome

noticeable power gains, excelent increase in power on all rpm bands. easy intall, very good all around unit. but i needed a hood seal and didnt have it...

thing is, without 300hp to the ground i'm not satisfied. so the yaris will be just a daily driver for me and wife who's driving over 100 miles a day....and i'll fix up another car for power, performance and 1/4 mile times
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #20
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
Thanks. Was that with a stock exhaust also?
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #21
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post
.. i didnt like it much when my car would 'bog down' and would not start due to a MAF failure....
Yikes! How would you resolve the issue or did you have to wait for it to dry out?
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #22
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro

Drives: '09 Tacoma | '90 Tercel
Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post
i had an AFE intake. dry. but i did have a few issues with it. we have some severe rain here and it got really wet during high rain fall. i didnt like it much when my car would 'bog down' and would not start due to a MAF failure. other than that, the thing was awesome

noticeable power gains, excelent increase in power on all rpm bands. easy intall, very good all around unit. but i needed a hood seal and didnt have it...

thing is, without 300hp to the ground i'm not satisfied. so the yaris will be just a daily driver for me and wife who's driving over 100 miles a day....and i'll fix up another car for power, performance and 1/4 mile times
Wait HOLD UP, where was the water issue coming from!? AFE is a short-ram design.
Midnight Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote