Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Since we're opening this public discussion (not my choice) to buying in general and and you are recommending against doing business with us, I'll make these points and be done for now.

This customer made three mistakes.

1. Didn't make himself aware of our terms and policies, or notice them on every page of our online store pages), or ask about them, before buying. "What if I have to return it?" would be a very good pre-purchase question from another country, IMO.

2. Didn't inspect the item for flaws before installing it.

3. Installed the item and used it.

In spite of those mistakes, and this thread, and his lack of patience, we will continue to fight for a favorable result for him, continuing the process tomorrow morning.

It should also be pointed out that this is Monday and we've had less than 24 hours to work on the problem. Despite repeated statements that we think we can get a better answer for the customer, as soon as tomorrow, he won't acknowledge that we are still trying, but posts the above instead.

We will continue to sell to our customers, and serve them; all of them!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Amen.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Since we're opening this public discussion (not my choice) to buying in general and and you are recommending against doing business with us, I'll make these points and be done for now.

This customer made three mistakes.

1. Didn't make himself aware of our terms and policies, or notice them on every page of our online store pages), or ask about them, before buying. "What if I have to return it?" would be a very good pre-purchase question from another country, IMO.

2. Didn't inspect the item for flaws before installing it.

3. Installed the item and used it.

In spite of those mistakes, and this thread, and his lack of patience, we will continue to fight for a favorable result for him, continuing the process tomorrow morning.

It should also be pointed out that this is Monday and we've had less than 24 hours to work on the problem. Despite repeated statements that we think we can get a better answer for the customer, as soon as tomorrow, he won't acknowledge that we are still trying, but posts the above instead.

all of the above is totally true
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ So positive, that's cool. At least let's wait a day or two and see if Jeff can work some magic with Megan to make it all better.

Can we have a chance to do that? Without a PayPal claim hanging over our heads?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
bobolinko
Bob

Drives: Yaris and Scion XD 5 spd BSP
I really believe a couple of raps on the rear hanger to position it more to the left when viewing from the rear will definitely CURE the ails of the cosmetic issue. That, to me, is one-helluva-lot more simple (not to mention free) solution to this issue. It's not unusual to have the same muffler hang in a different position on a different auto even if it's the same model. It isn't rocket science here. I'd have that rectified in about 10 minutes since that muffler had those rubber band hangers!

Just my 2 cents seeing as I can empathize with both parties.
bobolinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
tooter
play every day

That's definitely a positive path.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
TOLMACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolinko View Post
I really believe a couple of raps on the rear hanger to position it more to the left when viewing from the rear will definitely CURE the ails of the cosmetic issue. That, to me, is one-helluva-lot more simple (not to mention free) solution to this issue. It's not unusual to have the same muffler hang in a different position on a different auto even if it's the same model. It isn't rocket science here. I'd have that rectified in about 10 minutes since that muffler had those rubber band hangers!

Just my 2 cents seeing as I can empathize with both parties.
The piece is pefectly positioned relative ground.. The problem is position of the tip relative the muffler body (tip is welded to the muffler)
Old 06-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
I'll admit, I had a similar experience with the wrong part from MI. Ordered the 5 door visor set on accident, instead of the 3 door. A simple call to Jeff, and he resolved it for me. Yeah, I had to pay shipping, but I was aware of that because I read their policies, and recognized that I was an idiot.

HOWEVER, what I'd like to point out is where MI went above and beyond. Rather than dealing with the hassle of shipping it myself, Jeff sent me the correct parts and a return shipping label. So I got my parts, and was able to send the others back at my convenience, even though I never installed them. Granted, I may have paid more for the shipping than what it actually cost, but it was WORTH IT because of the level of customer service.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
TOLMACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckerface View Post
I'll admit, I had a similar experience with the wrong part from MI. Ordered the 5 door visor set on accident, instead of the 3 door. A simple call to Jeff, and he resolved it for me. Yeah, I had to pay shipping, but I was aware of that because I read their policies, and recognized that I was an idiot.

HOWEVER, what I'd like to point out is where MI went above and beyond. Rather than dealing with the hassle of shipping it myself, Jeff sent me the correct parts and a return shipping label. So I got my parts, and was able to send the others back at my convenience, even though I never installed them. Granted, I may have paid more for the shipping than what it actually cost, but it was WORTH IT because of the level of customer service.
What you describe is exactly my situation. They agree to do things beyond their policies. My problem is their policies - I am totally convinced that ONCE I RECIEVE THE DEFECTIVE PART MY ONLY RESPONSIBILITY IS JUST TO WAIT FOR A CORRECT REPLACEMENT.. i am not even supposed to bother with any retrurn shipping.. i would never have ordered anything from them had i read their policies before

customer service is another area for improvement IMO.. requested a quote for eibach springs on the 7th of june, received @working on it@ from Garm.. and never heard back it does not make sense to me to spend time on minor issues like mine is and loose money on forgoing orders

just my 0.02
Old 06-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLMACH View Post
i would never have ordered anything from them had i read their policies before
just my 0.02
Right there is your problem. You didn't read/research first, and expect everyone BUT you to be wrong. Face it. You didn't read. You didn't plan. You made the mistake. MI, as you admitted, is going above and beyond to try to help (which negates the theory of customer service needing to be worked on, IMO) and there's nothing wrong with that. I didn't throw a fit when I realized I was in the wrong, and it was professionally and maturely resolved.

As far as the quote delay, remember, MI is Garm and one full time employee, and they do a LOT of business, both incoming and outgoing. If you went on the site, you'd see that the Eibach springs are $220 shipped in the US. You could estimate shipping (probably not more than $150 outside the US) and get a ballpark of what you'd need to spend. That's just simple budgeting.

And like Goliath said, it's retail. How many times have you gotten a gift of clothing that didn't fit? Did the giver take it back, return it, get the right size, and bring it back to you? Ever get a defective electronic device that the store came and got from you, while providing you with a replacement?

Maybe you should learn how businesses work before pointing out the flaws of one.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
You are living in denial. Paying return shipping for defective or unwanted items is standard on pretty much every website. Since you seem to think otherwise, I'll list them.

GT Spec on your vaunted e-bay. No returns.

http://www.trdsparks.com/info.htm No returns on installed items.

http://www.summitracing.com/customer...faqs/?aid=3451 Summit Racing - if it has been used, call the manufacturer, we won't touch it.

http://www.toyboxracingstore.com/shi...-policies.html Toy Box Racing You install you own.

http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/policy.html Rock Auto, you install, you own.

No one will pay for shipping. This isn't just auto related either, no one pays for return shipping.Even QVC doesn't pay for return shipping.

No one is going to abandon MI because of you. Your posts you yourself have wrote proves you were combative.
Quote:
Another solution that was offered following several more rounds of negotiations (quite heated rounds)

- I remove my exhaust, and ship it at my expense to MI
- MI reimburses me for everything: my muffler, my original shipment and return shipment costs (again, on exceptional basis)
- Which kinda leaves me with nothing (to receive such offers seems totally weird to me.. do they even care what is going on with customers? )
This type of solution is only offered when customers are being flat out jerks, and the vendor realizes sanity is simply not going to rule the day. MI should really just tell you to call Megan, and walk away. MI knows how you look to us, know they would not lose anything by just quoting the exact same policies everyone else has, and could simply walk away from a headache and not have a worry. Yet they are still trying to help you, even after you start bashing them while they are still trying to fix your situation! I can't believe anyone else would go that far above and beyond the call of duty. I know I wouldn't.

And then you try to compare it to buying knock off parts on e-bay. You know why they quickly replace items on ebay? Because they buy them in such a large bulk that the items might be 10% of overall costs, at most. You can get away with this when the items are the cast offs and the crappier items that are rejected by name brands in their chinese sweatshops. You seem to not realize in china they have factories that make these things all day every day, and make them with $2 or $3 an hour workers. So yea, you pay $50 for a part that cost them $5 to make, of course they will just ship an extra one out to you.
Quote:
^ My issue now is why am I even having this problem and have to fight to get my stuff for which I paid

Reference is made to the policies (learned today, was unaware before, my bad).. see below:

http://shop.microimageonline.com/termsandconditions.sc
__________________________________________________ ___________________
We accept returns if merchandise is COMPLETE, UNUSED and in ORIGINAL PACKAGING only.
We do not accept if parts have been installed.

Defective goods may be returned for exchange or credit.
Customer is responsible for shipping costs on returns in all cases.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Basically it means that no matter what happens with your order you pay for the return shipment (which is totally crazy IMHO).. So, even if i would not have installed my item, i would still have to pay circa 70-100 bucks for shipping it back to get the cost of item refunded (pls note by this point I already lost 78 bucks worth of shipping the item to my place).

Considering the vendor is not capable to check stuff before shipping them, buying from MI from outside the US does not make sense due to high shipment costs (definitely in case of Canada)

I must be spoiled by the e-bay.. reputable vendors are crazily afraid to get negative feedback .. never had any issues (had technical issues with couple items for which received refunds immediately).. Also had negative experience with my spoiler from partsexperss.. despite the totally lousy client support and huge shipment delay, the first thing these guys did to rectify the problem was to ship another item (they lost money on my order overall)

I guess this is a good point for MI to decide whether they need international clients which kinda suggests their policies need be changed or just stick to the domestic market.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
TOLMACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
You are living in denial. Paying return shipping for defective or unwanted items is standard on pretty much every website. Since you seem to think otherwise, I'll list them.

GT Spec on your vaunted e-bay. No returns.

http://www.trdsparks.com/info.htm No returns on installed items.

http://www.summitracing.com/customer...faqs/?aid=3451 Summit Racing - if it has been used, call the manufacturer, we won't touch it.

http://www.toyboxracingstore.com/shi...-policies.html Toy Box Racing You install you own.

http://www.rockauto.com/lang/en/policy.html Rock Auto, you install, you own.

No one will pay for shipping. This isn't just auto related either, no one pays for return shipping.Even QVC doesn't pay for return shipping.

No one is going to abandon MI because of you. Your posts you yourself have wrote proves you were combative.

This type of solution is only offered when customers are being flat out jerks, and the vendor realizes sanity is simply not going to rule the day. MI should really just tell you to call Megan, and walk away. MI knows how you look to us, know they would not lose anything by just quoting the exact same policies everyone else has, and could simply walk away from a headache and not have a worry. Yet they are still trying to help you, even after you start bashing them while they are still trying to fix your situation! I can't believe anyone else would go that far above and beyond the call of duty. I know I wouldn't.

And then you try to compare it to buying knock off parts on e-bay. You know why they quickly replace items on ebay? Because they buy them in such a large bulk that the items might be 10% of overall costs, at most. You can get away with this when the items are the cast offs and the crappier items that are rejected by name brands in their chinese sweatshops. You seem to not realize in china they have factories that make these things all day every day, and make them with $2 or $3 an hour workers. So yea, you pay $50 for a part that cost them $5 to make, of course they will just ship an extra one out to you.
Why?, you did quite a research.. I regret to say no one is probably even bother reading that. I said already that I do not accept the MI policies - they are against clients, not for clients. This post is about myself, it is about my experience with MI. I do not care about some other company A, B, and Z. Some parts to my exprience are important for others to know, that is why I made my signature (I had to remove it as was instructed this morning).
Old 06-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
tooter
play every day

Quote:
What you describe is exactly my situation. They agree to do things beyond their policies. My problem is their policies - I am totally convinced that ONCE I RECIEVE THE DEFECTIVE PART MY ONLY RESPONSIBILITY IS JUST TO WAIT FOR A CORRECT REPLACEMENT.. i am not even supposed to bother with any retrurn shipping.. i would never have ordered anything from them had i read their policies before

customer service is another area for improvement IMO.. requested a quote for eibach springs on the 7th of june, received @working on it@ from Garm.. and never heard back it does not make sense to me to spend time on minor issues like mine is and loose money on forgoing orders

just my 0.02
You chose the negative path.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #14
goliath1812

Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan
If you drive to Canadian Tire, buy something, take it home and find it's defective, do you expect someone from Canadian Tire to come to your house and replace it? No, you get back in your car and take it back yourself.

I can see where you would think that MI should check to make sure the product is correct before shipping, but then again, does Canadian Tire check to make sure what's in the box is correct? That's just retail....it happens.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
i would never have ordered anything from them had i read their policies before

That's BS. You'll find those "tips for buying" on TRDsparks page for terms and conditions as well.
You bought from them, I see. It's not uncommon AT ALL in our industry.

Did it look like the box with your intake had been opened and inspected by TRDsparks?
NO. They're a vendor, just like us. Why aren't you bashing them? Same thing could have happened there.

I think Jeff got you a solution last night that you will agree to, by the way. He just quietly gets the job done.

I didn't start this, but I feel an obligation to reply when I see us being singled out and/or misinformation being posted.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #16
TOLMACH

Quote:
That's BS. You'll find those "tips for buying" on TRDsparks page for terms and conditions as well.
You bought from them, I see. It's not uncommon AT ALL in our industry.

Did it look like the box with your intake had been opened and inspected by TRDsparks?
NO. They're a vendor, just like us. Why aren't you bashing them? Same thing could have happened there.

I think Jeff got you a solution last night that you will agree to, by the way. He just quietly gets the job done.

I didn't start this, but I feel an obligation to reply when I see us being singled out and/or misinformation being posted.

Why does TRD sparks bother you so much? Grow up, make your own decisions re your business.. think about yours, not theirs clients

Also, do not assume.. just speak for yourselves
Old 06-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #17
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Tolmach, you actually made that your signature, BEFORE the matter is resolved?

How about including the three mistakes you made?

Incredible.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
TOLMACH

Quote:
Tolmach, you actually made that your signature, BEFORE the matter is resolved?

How about including the three mistakes you made?

Incredible.
Did I misrepresent any of the statements?

My mistakes are obvious