Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Boomslang/AEM FIC

Just received an email from Boomslang, they have PNP harness's for the Emanage & AEM FIC, Retail $499.00. The also mentioned that the Yaris & the 08 xB share the same ecu plugs.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
A year too late for me, but that is good news!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Not trying to rain on your parade or bash this harness, but is it really logical to spend ***$500*** when the unit itself is around $500, When all this is is like $15 worth of connectors and $10 worth of wiring and some useage of your brain to connect wires together?

Seems like a steep price to pay when you can make it for 1/10th the price :(
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
Not trying to rain on your parade or bash this harness, but is it really logical to spend ***$500*** when the unit itself is around $500, When all this is is like $15 worth of connectors and $10 worth of wiring and some useage of your brain to connect wires together?

Comments like yours, thoughtless & negative are the reasons major companies do not support the Yaris community. Yes $500 is alot of money, but you have to consider that Boomslang has to make a return of there investment. They took the time to do all the reaserch & spent money to put out a new product that no one has been able to make. Eventually as the demand goes up on the product the price will go down. So instead of assuming that the connectors cost $15, which they dont, and claim to be able to make the same product for 1/10th of the price, you should try to make your statements a fact before commenting so negativly on something you know absolutly nothing about.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
hmm *thinks about his emanage laying in his room with a universal harness that isn't plug and play...*
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post

Actually that's about right for a jumper harness.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
hmm *thinks about his emanage laying in his room with a universal harness that isn't plug and play...*
Wait, what? You aren't on stand alone yet? wow.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
PETERPOOP

i'm on the blitz piggy back fuel controller. i have a greddy emanage ultimate, but not installed yet.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Quote:
Comments like yours, thoughtless & negative are the reasons major companies do not support the Yaris community.
Yeah, someones either a nutswinger of the company or either on their period this week, any moron with half a brain can see that that is outrageously overpriced when all of their other products are priced around $299.99, why is it so hard to look at the manual of the emanage and get their pinout and match it with the yaris pinout in the DIY section?

I mean it took me all of ten minutes it took me to do it to see if an XA ECU would work on a Yaris so we can use DBC. Please O.P. don't make this into a bashing contest or I'll get my bashing posse!!!(ie: Tamago)

If they think yaris owners will are idiots and will spend money on overpriced objects i should just start selling electronic fans that double as turbo kits, I'd make a killing....

If you have money to throw around and don't want to make it yourself, then yeah sure why not, but im looking out for the community as a whole and to say to people "hey, this is something that IS DIY"
Old 12-09-2009, 01:08 AM   #10
PETERPOOP

And those JDM PnP should work
Old 12-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #11
cdydjded

Nexus1155:
Yeah, someones either a nutswinger of the company or either on their period this week,
Im neither, I just find your ignorance amazing
any moron with half a brain can see that that is outrageously overpriced when all of their other products are priced around $299.99,
What products? The ones that have been arond for 10 yrs? How much were they when they first came out?
why is it so hard to look at the manual of the emanage and get their pinout and match it with the yaris pinout in the DIY section?
Go for it Einstein!
I mean it took me all of ten minutes it took me to do it to see if an XA ECU would work on a Yaris so we can use DBC.
Well go for you! But it should have only taken 1 minute to figure that out since the Yaris is DBW & the xA is DBC
Please O.P. don't make this into a bashing contest or I'll get my bashing posse!!!(ie: Tamago)
Bring it on, Tamago is not the all mighty all knowing
If they think yaris owners will are idiots
Just some of them are
If you have money to throw around and don't want to make it yourself
No I dont have the $ & no I cant do it myself as good as a company who only does harnesses
but im looking out for the community as a whole and to say to people "hey, this is something that IS DIY"
A better way of looking out for this forum is to not only look @ only the cost of a product but also the products features, benifits. You could also not throw up the "it to expensive flag" without any other comparable product on the market
Old 12-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #12
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
I contacted Greddy/Trust asking if I could order their JDM Vitz NCP91 PnP harness for the eManage, and they said any of their dealers could; they just haven't tested it on a USDM Yaris...It's also only about $200...

Cheers
I was in contact with Greddy also about the harness. From what I was told the harness is not sold seperatly, it comes with a eManage Ultimate. I even have the part # from Greddy 15510502, list price $905.00
Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

This is NOT something that is "DIY" for most of us. I would never attempt to make my own wiring harness, and I would happily pay $500 for a well-made one.

To presume that "anyone" can just go buy the parts, read diagrams, and make a robust, well-crafted wiring harness that the function of their car will depend on is not reasonable for most of us.

Should it be priced in line with their other products? Maybe. Depends on demand and quality. Make more = less expensive per. That's why we do Group Buys, right?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
PETERPOOP

Well they sell universal harnesses that are cheaper than plug and play, but you still have to wire it up yourself. That is what I got, and I'm not too excited to go out there and wire it up anytime soon. :(
Old 12-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Quote:
Go for it Einstein!
Implying that I am too smart for this thread which is why I /quit
Old 12-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #16
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Let's see, you call people "nutswinger", "on their period", and "moron", then quit the thread when someone refers to you as Einstein.

How about the namecalling just stops completely?

Geez.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #17
PETERPOOP

A typical tamago. Can dish it, but can't take it. lol
Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #18
cdydjded

So true, full of baseless non facts & negativity