Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
Dadombomb15

Drives: 1996 Miata
HID question

Ok, so I'm looking to get some brighter bulbs for my lights, but don't know what to do. Do I have to buy the HID Kit that microimage sells or can I just buy the H4 harness and H4 bulbs? What the kit looks like is basically the same thing, just in one neat package vs separate packages unless I'm completely wrong. Also have looked for DIY install, but again, can't find any other than to fix the problem with the highbeam indicator fix.

Sorry if this is a super n00b question, but I tried finding any threads that answered this and couldn't, either that or i didn't look hard enough? any help would be appreciated thanks
Performance: Corksport "Drift" Cat-Back Exhaust, Hard Dog Ace Double Diagonal Roll Bar
Future (planned) mods: Intake, bumper turning light "induction" kit, better aftermarket wheels (lighter), light flywheel, upgraded clutch, racing seats, etc etc.
Dadombomb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
HID kits is alot more than just a pair of bulbs and a harness. It also contains ballasts which are essential in a HID kit to fire up the bulbs. Without the ballasts your HID bulbs are useless.

I'm not sure about the highbeam indicator issue, as I have no issues with my HID's - it was all just a simple plug and play, highbeam indicator works as normal. Is the Yaris in the US wired differently?

spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
you need the kit

you'd need bulbs, ballasts, wiring harness if you're going to get bixenon hid's (w/ hid hi/lo)

install is easy

w/ the kits i sell, you'd want 10000k or 12000k for that blue/purple look you want
Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
buy garm's (microimage's) kit, it's a goodie.

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hid