Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2015, 01:14 PM   #2881
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Derick how you been doing Man. Long time no see !! The build log is lookin awesome !!! Keep up the good work.
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:27 AM   #2882
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
Derick how you been doing Man. Long time no see !! The build log is lookin awesome !!! Keep up the good work.
Thank you!
moving along step by step,

Massachusetts it's very cold right now,
I'm glad I'm away in the tropics for some sunshine right now.

I'm very exited about the mini horns, I hope everything goes as planed.










D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #2883
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Hi YarisWorld, I'm back to reality with all this white stuff!

While I was there I saw some amazing Yaris on the road, I couldn't take pictures since it was not a good idea to bring my new iPhone to the streets, not safe. But here are some pictures I got online.

They have a Yaris sedan that looks like a Camry!



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #2884
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Here is the HB...



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #2885
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Here is something we don't have "Auris":






D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #2886
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
This one was like I want this!
I can't believe you can buy a new truck like this one:





D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #2887
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
But this one even wasn't a Toyota just took my breath away!!!




D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #2888
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I had "ladis" a yarisworld memeber asking me the following: any help I'm sure ladis would appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladis
I'm trying to share on thread but the network doesn't allow me


I have a yaris sedan 2006 and it was alright but the cigarette lighter didn't wanna work.
My fuse inside fuse box don't have a lid si there is no way for me to know which fuse is for what, I went on google and I found a picture the time I changed the fuses my dashboard light my back light and my cigarette lighter not working at all
D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #2889
honegod
 
Drives: 2002 ECHO
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Paris Illinois
Posts: 3
howdy. 02 Echo, sorta yaris'ish. got out of car audio when the Flood bloody ATE my Fiero as I had the Sony XES P1/X1 system out to swap doors to get Electric windows to make more room for the woofer door pods.
with the Time Alignment I was more concerned with the angles of the driver placement than the physical distance regarding soundstage.
honegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:24 AM   #2890
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by honegod View Post
howdy. 02 Echo, sorta yaris'ish. got out of car audio when the Flood bloody ATE my Fiero as I had the Sony XES P1/X1 system out to swap doors to get Electric windows to make more room for the woofer door pods.
with the Time Alignment I was more concerned with the angles of the driver placement than the physical distance regarding soundstage.
If you aim off axis it's going to roll off sooner, levels will add or tame down, there is no cooking recipe for speaker aiming; also take in consideration any flat surface will bounce the signal and may screw up your stage.

I'm sorry for your Fiero


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:47 AM   #2891
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Time for a small update:

The passenger's side Midbass and Horn are fully installed and last night I played some music through them with very conservative x-over settings,

This is the first time using Horns and what can I say... running "flat" first impressions with no eq...
tonality is really nice, the combo sounds very crystal clear.








D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:00 AM   #2892
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Link for a short video

LINK

https://youtu.be/OHyK9YW5vQ8

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OHyK9YW5vQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:56 AM   #2893
pennyracer
boydstir
 
pennyracer's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 yaris liftback
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: grants pass
Posts: 424
Send a message via AIM to pennyracer Send a message via Yahoo to pennyracer
Lightbulb looking for help locating special speaker cloth dealer for my a pillars

hi looking for help on finder speaker cloth high quality finally got my pillars almost finished need special cloth for the new grills and meanwhile that i would show my stealth style pillars set in not bulging out in the way
pennyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:49 PM   #2894
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
That looks good, did you cut into the metal behind to fit the Mids?

I usually go to Parts Express they have 2 kinds of grill mesh, I would get the more expensive, it's very easy to work.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #2895
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
A little update from the CLA and the Left Horn...







D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #2896
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
And the Left MidBass pod build...













D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:43 AM   #2897
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
2 way Front stage, Midbass in kicks and ID mini horns under dash installed, Sweet!



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:46 AM   #2898
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
You can see how the bottom of the dash becomes part of the horn. The interior design of the CLA really helps.



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.