Quote:
Originally Posted by mark293
177,000 here. Still on original brake pads. Recently changed the manual tranny fluid to Redline. Soooo smooth. Replaced the serpentine belt and side window trim this morning. Best car I've ever had, and I've had a bunch. Bought it on a whim to pull behind our motorhome. The motorhome has been long gone but I will NEVER part with my egg.
|
I feel the same way about my egg. However, given the point of the car's 'life' when my accident occurred, it doesn't make sense to make the repairs. I'm going to teach a friend to drive a manual on it (if we can find a big enough empty parking lot

), and then donate it....in one fashion or another. If I ever come across the proverbial little old lady who has an '11 5-speed Meteorite Metallic or White 3-door with the split rear seat...who 'only drove it to church on Sunday' (so to speak)...and has decided to part with it, I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat.