Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #17
Galavoxx
 
Galavoxx's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderkitten View Post
I personally bought the Yaris to put money into... which sounds silly, but it's an affordable, excellent micro-tuner. I would spend $700 on full exhaust, hell, 2 carbon canisters for my Ducati cost $850.

Anyhow, there might be a 4-2-1 solution in the near future... but a question I have is how many HP and ft/lbs. of torque would make it worth buying? Dollar per HP, nothing beats a turbo kit.
I want a turbo. So unless someone can make a header that kicks at least 15hp for under $500, I don't know if I'll bite. With a 85+hp engine, 15hp seems to be impossible. The smart thing for some enterprising company to do would be to produce a header 4-1 or 4-2-1 but pair it with a piggyback unit with optional tunes available at time of purchase depending on our configurations. That would be hot and might even produce close to 15hp if done properly. I guess we'll have to wait until someone cracks the engine management before we see if a piggybacked N/A system will even produce power.
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MEGAN HEADERS! < group buy price! C2AUTOSPL Sponsors Classifieds Area 20 09-17-2007 01:54 PM
Headers Rabbit General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 1 05-20-2007 12:10 PM
Fuel Level Gauge Stuck ? - 2007 Yaris Sedan kaboom New YARIS Purchase Forum 9 05-15-2007 02:58 AM
Automatic Choke Stuck Rua General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 9 02-22-2007 06:57 PM
Exhaust Headers. Worth it? OgDogg Performance Modifications 4 12-31-2006 09:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.