Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
barryware

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Stereo Install

Howdy.. I have read a few posts and I thought there was a picture of the back of a stock Yaris stereo which I can't find.

I plan on installing a Pioneer DEH-P4800MP deck. I have ordered a dash install kit along with a wire harness. I need a little help from those of you who have already replaced your radio.

What else will I need? I ask so I am prepared to keep the trips to radio shack down to a minimum while installing and I really don't want to tear the car apart to look and put it back together again while I gather my components.

Do I need an adapter for the antenna on the car to the new radio? I don't believe that the wire harness comes with an adapter for the aux connection. The replacement radio has provisions for an aux input. Actually two, one is a 1/8" stereo plug and the other are RCA inputs. What would I need for this?

I am happy with the stock radio but I want to free up one of the bays for some other stuff. Is there a market for the stock radio?

Thanks for the help and advice.
barryware is offline   Reply With Quote