Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Lightbulb Alarm Wiring Advise Needed

I spent the day wiring up my alarm/remote start on my 09 LB. I used the information on the site, and the awesome PDF that CTScott put together. At the same time I wired some other things up, including my fog lights. There are 2 "problems" here.

1. I wired my fog switch to the parking lights, so the fogs can be on regardless of the headlights, but still off when all the lights are off. From the light socket, I t-tapped off pin 13, into the switch, then out to pin 3 to trigger the "factory" relay location. This works great.

However, the problem is from the alarm. The alarm is a Viper 5900. The alarm has a "Selectable Light Flash Output" to flash the parking lights when you lock/unlock the doors. My fogs are HID, so I can't allow my alarm to flash the parking lights, which would trigger the fog lights. So I did what the factory alarm did, and tied it into the hazards relay. This works great for the lock/unlock. BUT, when I auto-start the car, the alarm turns the selectable light output ON, which causes the hazards to flash. To be honest, I don't want my car running in the winter with the hazards flashing.

Suggestions? Is there a way to tap into JUST the running lights that won't trigger my fog wiring??

2. I designed up a neutral safety switch for my standard transmission. It's an IR optical circuit. Ideally, I don't need it always turned on. I thought the alarm had an output that would turn on before the remote start cycle, turning the optical system on, then triggering the "neutral safety switch" input, allowing a start. But I was wrong. Suggestions? Or am I stuck with it always on?

The optical circuit basically reads the position of the shifter. If it's in neutral, it triggers the "neutral safety switch" input on the alarm, and also bypasses the clutch pedal switch. But I only want it to do this during remote start, not daily driving.

Thanks ahead for suggestions.

Curt
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote