Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #36
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerb View Post
Ok let's just say I want to run my '10 Yaris in H-Stock, well at my age the SCCA Stock class rules are more confusing than ever. If I get this straight I can add a rear swaybar, drop-in air filter, adjustable shocks w/stock hieght perches, crash bolts, after market brake pads, and R-Compound tires. But what about brake rotors, can you use after market, as in slotted and/or cross drilled rotors (stock diameter of coarse)? Oh and did I also see that the traction-control can be dis-abled? The last time I ran Stock classes, the cars were just that, stock with very limited R-Compound tires in use. In fact I won an E-Stock and D-Stock club Championship with totally stock vehicles, only changed tires.

Hate to sound so stupid but, went Road Racing years ago and kinda lost touch with the Auto-X side of things, any help would be great!!

racerb
I think Jason will know better than anyone else here but my understanding of the rules, you can put whatever shocks you want as long as they retain the stock perch, you can change brake pads, you can change rotors as long as they weigh the same or more than stock and are the same diameter. As for traction control I believe it can be disabled via switch if available but it cannot be disabled via fuse but don't quote me on the traction control i'm not totally positive on that.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote