Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
tooter
play every day
 
tooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Something tells me the newly added growl will inexplicably make your feet heavier...
I did drive 100 freeway miles today to make sure the engine was broken in enough for the dyno runs next week. Lots of 70 to 80+ mph. Flat out runs, one made it to 97mph. Let's face it, these cars are gutless! You can put your foot to the floor and time the acceleration with a calendar. The car exhaust sounds great, but nothing much is actually happening. I ride a motorcycle so I'm spoiled for performance.

What did suprize me is that the average mileage for the trip, even with half of it very heavy footed driving, was still an excellent 39.9 mpg.

Quote:
Your setup is very close to what I want to do with my car, so you bet I'll be watching that dyno chart very closely regardless of our different driving style/conditions.
As will I.
This dyno is just for the baseline so it won't be very exciting. I expect about 90 to 92WHP tops...

...and hope that the second set of runs are better than the first.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
homemade intake manifold ttr125fan09 Performance Modifications 1 02-17-2012 01:09 AM
Custom Intake Manifold + Direct Port Nitrous blacksandiegovitz Performance Modifications 9 04-21-2010 07:05 PM
Turbo Manifold thread Sabretooth Forced Induction Forum 78 05-22-2009 06:52 AM
turbo manifold build... joey1320 Forced Induction Forum 4 06-30-2007 02:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.