Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
STC
"LibertyRides!"
 
STC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: State College, PA, USA
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceShot View Post
I have the manual and routinely get 40 - 45Mpg on my commute, with an all time high of 54Mpg on 2 FE runs in the summer.

However, getting a ScanGauge II and adjusting my tires are the 2 things that got me the most increase in Mpg.
That's really good SpaceShot! Congratulations for breaking 50MPG. Hopefully, I can do the same! I'm trying really hard... but no dice yet. I'm actually on a 300+ mile trip right now...

If I may ask? What pressure did you set your tires? I just set mine to 38psi. Presently, I don't have ScanGuage II. I just listen to my engine... look at my tach all the time, and shift very gingerly. Mind you, I drive like a grandma.

I hear SG II helps out! Have you heard of Ecometer? I'm looking at Ecometer... the cost! I really don't know what either product offers...

Cheers!
__________________
~ Mark ~
2010 Yaris 3-Dr Liftback, 5-Speed Manual, P185/60R 15, Bayou Blue Pearl
I Love my YARIS - (Click below to see Gaslog):

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
automatic, manual, mpg

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is LSD Automatic & Manual Same? maxgil05 Performance Modifications 4 04-24-2009 10:57 AM
Want opinions automatic vs. manual transmission anik New YARIS Purchase Forum 84 07-10-2007 04:25 PM
Change automatic to Manual Blenjar General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 11 06-14-2007 06:02 AM
Manual vs. Automatic ?? YarisBlazer General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 12 08-13-2006 07:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.