Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
jpmck03
 
jpmck03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2025 GR86
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 892
"The Corolla-based Prizm ... [is one of] the best Chevy cars when it comes to long-term reliability."

That's odd timing. The other day I noticed that lately I've been seeing more Prisms on the road, but came to the realization that I'm not seeing more of them, it's just that I'm seeing fewer surviving cars of that age on the road (i.e Neons, Cavaliers, etc.)
__________________
my {(retired) ride} - {mi ssk: review, diy} - {mi lw cp: review, diy} - {foglight install} - {painted emblem: experiment, diy}


jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:05 AM   #2
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmck03 View Post
"The Corolla-based Prizm ... [is one of] the best Chevy cars when it comes to long-term reliability."

That's odd timing. The other day I noticed that lately I've been seeing more Prisms on the road, but came to the realization that I'm not seeing more of them, it's just that I'm seeing fewer surviving cars of that age on the road (i.e Neons, Cavaliers, etc.)
Definitely. I think those of us who are more 'car aware' (YW members, members of other forums, etc) will notice what you have more than the average driver on the road would. A couple of friends of mine in California had Prizms 'back in the day', and they were extremely reliable.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most popular brands/models for Gen Y - Yaris sedan #4 - American brands fair badly Kal-El General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 2 07-09-2011 07:02 PM
J.D Powers rates Yaris as Toyota's least reliable car yaristotle General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 33 05-31-2009 08:51 PM
Newbie with Q's, reliable WHP mickymouse Performance Modifications 14 12-29-2008 07:40 PM
Wheel brands? PetersRedYaris Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 17 03-06-2007 04:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.