![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: York,Pa
Posts: 344
|
WHAT? I can't hear anything
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: York,Pa
Posts: 344
|
What? I can't hear anything.
I'm buying stock in Beltone! |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
i here a few thousand watts in subs gives a real nice massage during the drive.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
|
As I recall, SQ does have an aftermarket alternator. In case you havent noticed, he does not do stuff halfway. He learns,plans and executes. He's not here to brag, but to pass on knoweldge. Yes, I have alot of respect, but its based on a few years of reading here and audio forums.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
The truth of it all is that most of us are only drawing tons of current for very short intervals. I can tell you this much, on our stock alty, the only time I would get dimming was when I had a bass track in and was railing on the volume.
Watching my Voltage readout like a hawk, I'd see the Voltage drop down to something like lower 12's. That bothers me. The current would still be supplied BUT... This is why one would buy an aftermarket alternator. IIRC, 1200 Watts is almost irrelevant. Mos of our listening is done within the 10 Watt output range. Why do I use monster surfboard amps? A throwback to the 90's and the transient power capabilities. Think of the Top Gear analogy of racing a Prius versus an M3. The Prius (A smaller A/B amp) is efficient but a racing speeds is failed the whole time...whereas the M3 (a big A/B amp) is less efficient but doesn't even break a sweat at the Prius pace around the track. It has more to easily give. Just my thoughts.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 505
|
Quote:
When I had an Earthquake PHD3 in my old Saturn with an 80amp alternator, I had just a bit more dimming ;)
__________________
2006 Saturn Ion Redline 2005 Toyota Echo RS 4dr hatch - Cyl #3 bad - sold 2000 Toyota Echo 2dr coupe - The track car - rusty & scrapped |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
@ Why - info have some video of a near 160 dB street car..."massage"? It was more like a continuous donkey kick!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
lol, i bet it would be. My best friend when i was in high school listened to gansta rap. At differing points he had 2 or 3 12's, 4 10's, and I think he even had a 15' or two at one point. I highly doubt he ever got anywhere near 160 db's, but he used to drive my sister to school and she always said it was a good massage. He also had a fetish for Phoenix Gold amps.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
This one was a Kia Spectra hatch with ten vented 10" woofers...two altys and Tolm's favorite, a bank of batteries.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
I get a headache just thinking about that. Amazing pressure. If they get much stronger they're going to need to be called sonic weapons.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
I'm telling you, sitting in it while it was playing...I almost lost my breath each time the bass line hit.
The two videos I have don't do the experience justice. We played around with...get this...modified Justin bieber, Celine dion, and some Toby Keith...we tweaked the bass in the tracks to be stupid loud. Imagine rolling up on someone, playing a totally girlie track and no matter what they tried, they couldn't out do you. It was a big middle finger to the "regular" thought of bass songs.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Wouldn't you be able to take a DMM set it to VAC and connect it to you speaker outputs on your sub amp ? Then with that reading do the math on how many watts are comming out of the amp. Then from there calculate the current ? just wondering ?
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Just out of curiosity, give it a try and let us know what your initial reading is and what part of Ohm's Law you use to convert...
I'm thinking that this is a great learning opportunity!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
This is a nice little calculator http://trussinme.com/Apps/audio/voltagecalc/default.asp
The math behind it http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthre...=1#Post1294233 Info courtesy of CA.com I just finished my Big 3 today subs should be here this week, i'll post some numbers up sometime this next week, Maybe a vid !!!
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| dual, enclosure, inch, subwoofer, twelve |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| DIY - Daytime Running Lights ('07 Yaris Sedan) | zuberio | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 0 | 03-11-2011 01:04 AM |
| 2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! | YarisBueller | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 104 | 06-24-2009 04:54 PM |
| Twin turbo dual exaust yaris 1NZ-FE setup? | CtrlAltDefeat | Forced Induction Forum | 92 | 05-21-2009 12:14 PM |