Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
95Cobra
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Exclamation Driving and Road Control at 800 miles.

I just picked up a 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan a few weeks ago. I am very happy with it and am getting bout 39 MPG. When I first drove it home (and currently) it seems as if the alignment is slightly off. It seems to pull slightly in one direction and if I compensate with a very very small adjustment in wheel turn it pulls the other way. It's almost as if there is a constant back and forth minor adjustment needed. This seems to happen constantly at higher speeds. I started to write it off as wind sheer but it hasn't been too windy lately. I checked the tire pressure and all tires are at 40PSI except for one which is at 37 PSI. I will fill that one today. Can I get your opinions on what I am experiencing? With only 800 miles I am wondering if I should take it in for service. Do you recommend inflating the tires to 44PSI in the summer?

The only other problem is a slight rattle just under the center gauge which can be re-produced by simply pushing down lightly on the plastic dashboard just under the gauges. I am going to take it in for service for this.

Thanks!
95Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
It wouldn't hurt too have them look at your alignment while you are there. I run my tires at 42psi. It makes for a rough ride but it's said to increase your mpg.
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Dealerships will not normally over inflate tires. As you may probably know, measure tire pressure only when the tires are cool. That is, not immediately or shortly after you have driven a distance.
The car is still under warranty. So there is no harm asking the dealership to take a good look at it.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
YarisTom73
46 and 2, just ahead...

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotprawsis View Post
It wouldn't hurt too have them look at your alignment while you are there. I run my tires at 42psi. It makes for a rough ride but it's said to increase your mpg.
Wouldn't it make more sense to run it normally, and not have to buy tires every year after the centers rub out??
YarisTom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Sounds like an alignment issue.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote