Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Stock MP3 radio - Preouts?

Does the stock raido with MP3/Aux in capabilities for an 07 LB Yaris have preouts for an amp? if not, how do you hook up an amp without getting a new HU? any links to things I would need for this would be appreciated!
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:19 AM   #2
Jupiter8

Drives: Yaris Sedan
the stock deck doesn't have preouts. you could go to your local car stereo store and buy a "high to low" level converter.this should allow you to hook up amps to your stock deck.....but be careful, if its not installed correctly, or with quality components, you might experience engine noise out of your speakers. talk to the sales guy at the store and he'll explain. good luck
Jupiter8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
mygfdrivesayaris

Drives: 2006 Scion XB
I have a toyota plug and play amp adapter for sale $25 - it plugs into the stereo then into the wiring harness and it has two amp outputs and a amp remote switch output. If anyone is interested send me a PM - I used it for about a year.
mygfdrivesayaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
If your amp has hi level inputs on it just use those. My amp has hi level inputs so all I did was pull the rear speaker panels off and tap into the rear speaker wire. Then all you have to do is run about 10' of speaker wire from each rear speaker to the trunk and put it into the hi level input on the amp. I feel like this is a better way than converting to an RCA signal. You're getting a 5-10 volt signal to the amp as opposed to only like a 1-3 volt signal from a RCA adapter.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
mygfdrivesayaris

The RCA signal blocks out more noise, and you will get a clearer signal, but both ways work equally well, i used hi level inputs on my first stereo about 10 years ago and it worked fine, but you may notice a bit of noise. If you are going to do it with hi level i would get a really well insulated speaker wire.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
mygfdrivesayaris

i had to reduce the crap out of this to get it to upload but here is a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P4230084.JPG (87.5 KB, 204 views)
Old 04-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
Yarismutt

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5DR
The toyota plug and play amp adapter is what I am looking for. Does anyone know where I can get one in Canada or from an online dealer.
Yarismutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:09 PM   #8
SiliconRane
Dr. Trunk Monkey

Drives: 2007 Red Yaris
Just get an LOC (Line Out Converter) from a local Stereo Shop and tap it into the Wiring Harness Behind the Head Unit. You will get the cleanest sound from that location because the signal hasn't had a chance to travel through your cars entire wiring harness to get to the speakers in the ass end of your car. Also, Most LOC's have adjustable gain controls so you can tune your sound a little better. You can find wire taps for cars @ wal-mart. . .
SiliconRane is offline   Reply With Quote