Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #91
Blenjar
 
Blenjar's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,548
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
I might buy one next week since it helps in mid and higher RPM..which is what I need for my daily highway driving.

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #92
tk-421
Super Moderator
 
tk-421's Avatar
 
Drives: 5D-07-LB
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,262
I'm still waiting on a 4-2-1 header to come out.
I've heard from a reliable source that it might be in the works as we speak...
__________________
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #93
tk-421
Super Moderator
 
tk-421's Avatar
 
Drives: 5D-07-LB
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTo View Post
TRD's got one, doesn't it or is it only 4-1 as well?
TRD's Vitz header is a 4-1:
http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_exhaust.html
__________________
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #94
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Weapon R has my stock header for months now.. i guessing they will have their 4-2-1 complete and on the market shortly.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:58 AM   #95
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
OK, so I got my Megan header on today.

1. It's a lot louder.
2. It "feels" like there is more mid-range pull.
3. It really is louder.

As soon as I have enough miles on my car, I'm going to do a few dyno pulls to see where she's at.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #96
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts
 
whooppee777's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 808
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
what should the bolts be torqued to? i just ordered my headers today. cant wait!
whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #97
BlackMan_Ink
 
Drives: 07 Yaris, 4dr Daily Driver
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
OK, so I know you guys are wondering where the fuck the dyno results are.

Sunday rolls around and I pop open the install DIY and see that I need a 3/4 inch drive ratchet. Well, I decide I am going to try and torque those bolts off with a 1/2 inch drive, because I had honestly never seen a 3/4 inch ratchet and wasn't convinced I could easily find one. Took the heat shield off, got the car up on stands, and crawl under there... not happening. Chris wasn't kidding. You need some serious leverage for those collector bolts, as they are torqued to 32 lb/ft. Well, I go out and find a 3/4 inch drive ratchet at Autozone (surprisingly) but they don't sell any adapters or sockets for it. I then tried Sears hardware, regular Sears, Advanced Autoparts, Lowes, and Home Depot. Nothing. Called the dyno shop to see if he had one sitting around, and that was a big fat no. I was shit outta luck. So, I ordered a 3/4 inch female to 1/2 inch male adapter from Amazon.com and upon reception of that (should be here soon after Christmas) I will install the new header and go to the dyno shop.

Sorry for the teaser... of course the one tool I need seems to be a tool that you can't get without dropping thousands on a master mechanic's toolbox. God dammit. I'll update when I get the adapter and get the new header on. Sorry guys!

On the bright side, I now have a ratchet big enough to kill a large individual.
Chinocharles how much was the 3/4 to 1/2 connector piece?...I'm having the same problem getting the bolt off the bracket...all the other bolts came off easy but there's no room in the damn compartment to move the ratchet and hold the wrench to the nut on the other side of the bracket...plz help another noob mechanic.

Last edited by BlackMan_Ink; 08-13-2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: changed bolt to nut
BlackMan_Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #98
Nabisco
 
Nabisco's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Honda Fit Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tampa
Posts: 45
Send a message via ICQ to Nabisco Send a message via AIM to Nabisco
I really don't mean to pee in anyone's Wheaties but I would rather pay more for the TRD unit, or one from a real manufacturer. Megan stuff is designed to make money not power. I have seen several of their manifolds fail. It is cheap mass produced Chinese merchandise.
Nabisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #99
BlackMan_Ink
 
Drives: 07 Yaris, 4dr Daily Driver
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
I really don't mean to pee in anyone's Wheaties but I would rather pay more for the TRD unit, or one from a real manufacturer. Megan stuff is designed to make money not power. I have seen several of their manifolds fail. It is cheap mass produced Chinese merchandise.
Fail how? Does TRD make a manifold for the Yaris?
BlackMan_Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #100
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMan_Ink View Post
Chinocharles how much was the 3/4 to 1/2 connector piece?...I'm having the same problem getting the bolt off the bracket...all the other bolts came off easy but there's no room in the damn compartment to move the ratchet and hold the wrench to the nut on the other side of the bracket...plz help another noob mechanic.
Home Depot or Lowes will have them for around 5 bucks.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #101
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.
 
largeorangefont's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So Cal, OC
Posts: 854
I should have the DC header on my car by the end of the week.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #102
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,174
Nice!

Make a new post an tell us all about it. Im up for a change if its worth the time changing it.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:15 AM   #103
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.
 
largeorangefont's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So Cal, OC
Posts: 854
I get the car back Thursday..I'll have lots of pics of whatever they have put on it.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:46 AM   #104
Terrorize
Toyota Newb!!
 
Drives: Yaris S Sedan w/ Aero Package!
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 228
Hmm...i saw the DC header...looks good too...i'm actually in the market for a header...

I was on DC Sports website and was surprised at all the parts they have for my yaris S sedan!

Header, Exhaust, and front and rear strut bar...

Questions is...which company would make a better header? DC or Megan??
Terrorize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:29 AM   #105
BlackMan_Ink
 
Drives: 07 Yaris, 4dr Daily Driver
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 31
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Home Depot or Lowes will have them for around 5 bucks.
Thanx, I couldn't find one @ either of those so I got to feel like a dumbass when I went to PepBoys and they had it. Got my pair of headers on getting the exhaust this weekend...I hope...thanx again from another wrench-tarted tuner fiend.
BlackMan_Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 AM   #106
BlackMan_Ink
 
Drives: 07 Yaris, 4dr Daily Driver
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 31
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorize View Post
Hmm...i saw the DC header...looks good too...i'm actually in the market for a header...

I was on DC Sports website and was surprised at all the parts they have for my yaris S sedan!

Header, Exhaust, and front and rear strut bar...

Questions is...which company would make a better header? DC or Megan??
I chose Megan cause DC header is ceramic coated and I didn't want to pay extra to keep the heat down knowing I just want a more powerful daily driver. I don't plan on hitting the track any time soon.
BlackMan_Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #107
BlackMan_Ink
 
Drives: 07 Yaris, 4dr Daily Driver
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 31
Has anyone checked out the ARP 12mm bolts for their headers. I wasn't too happy with the bolts that shipped with the headers, and I know ARP makes performance bolts for a stronger connection.
BlackMan_Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:15 AM   #108
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.
 
largeorangefont's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So Cal, OC
Posts: 854
So my car is done, I pick it up tomorrow. It will have a header and strut bars, but no axleback supposedly. I was kind of hoping for the axleback, I saw the pics of the prototype on my car and it looks good, but I guess it is not ready quite yet.

I'll post pics tomorrow after I get it back.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tanabe Strut Tower Bar Install & Review [pics!] Chris07LB Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 57 04-07-2022 07:46 AM
TANABE DF210 Spring Install [pics] Chris07LB DIY / Maintenance / Service 148 07-16-2007 09:26 PM
GROUP BUY - Megan Racing 4-1 Header... riceboy Items for Sale by private party 489 01-10-2007 06:45 PM
VA/MD Owners - Megan Racing Header ProMotionTuning Performance Modifications 4 11-30-2006 02:54 PM
HOLEY COW 674.75 to install TRD lowering springs dbaxter Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 11 08-09-2006 12:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.