Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Ran into a predicament while wiring cathodes

Ok so I wired them up pretty well... got the grounds and powers running under the carpet to the center box, and tied together, ground is ringed around a bolt under there...

I have a 3 way switch i bought and i tied the power from the transformers to the middle terminal on the switch which is usually for the components...

I then proceeded to snake the wires up through the carpet under the pedals and into the fuse box... this is where i am at now.

I wired up a 3 Amp fuse to both of the power wires i was about to hook up

I tapped into the pink Dome wire for Dome light power so whenever the door is on the lights would come on too... and then i looked for a power source but said hey before i do that why not try it out... switched the switch... nothing at all... then i was like damn this sucks and tried every combination possible on the switch to see if i messed up the wiring...

I was looking for a constant 12v but dont want to keep poking wires until i get lucky if anyone knows of any down there... Thanks for all the help!

Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
aha! so i found the 12v and wired it up and it worked... i just need to find out why the dome light isnt working :-/ .... but the kit is very dim it is from oznium... i thought it was going to be alot brighter? is this because of the inline fuses i added or? i dunno
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I believe that some people say that it is because of the theater lighting as you open the door. I would guess that there is not exactly 12v causing the theater fade going to the dome light until it is finally lit up, and the transformer for the cathodes needs 12 volts. I also have a cold cathode kit in white from Oznium in my car and I just hooked mine up with a cigarette lighter so I can control when i want them on because I didnt want to hard wire a switch.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
the yaris uses ground switching.

so you can tap it to ANY source of +12v and switch it the way you want. tap it to the cig lighter if you want, and switch it with the dome light switch. you know what i mean? the +12v is constant anywhere.. so it will work as long as the fuse is big enough.

now i can't answer you for the fade in fade out.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote