Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-24-2008, 04:27 AM   #1
FcukThis

Drives: yaris
Is the Owner of this Here ?

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48727

check out the lexus too while you're at it ;p.

just somethin to share.
FcukThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:40 AM   #2
thatboyjer

Drives: 5spd 2007 Yaris LB
Damn, that system is redonkulously clean.

[Debadged] [Tanabe DF210] [Limo Tint][17" Fondmetal Wheels] [Pioneer HU]
--:: Wishlist, PM me ::--
[SSK (WTB)] [Black Sand Pearl Eyelids (WTB)]
thatboyjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
That is JosephDoc (Joseph) he just got that installed on the 20th, when he was at our car meet on Saturday, he had all that stuff in his trunk. I can't wait to see and hear it, in person.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Wow, I want his sub setup. Did they raise the spare tire then mount the sub beneath it?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
simplicityinsound
Custom Car Audio

Drives: 2005 Subaru LGT
Send a message via AIM to simplicityinsound Send a message via Yahoo to simplicityinsound
for some reason i knew tihs was gonna get post on here before joseph even sees it...

lets hope he doesnt see it for the next hour until i bring hte car to him, the real install always looks better than the pics :)

b

p.s. no spare tire in the car, as with most of my stealth installs :)
simplicityinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
IsLNdbOi

I want an install like this in my Yaris so badly:

Too bad I don't live in Southern CA. I'm in Vegas, but that's still 4 hours away.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
simplicityinsound
Custom Car Audio

Send a message via AIM to simplicityinsound Send a message via Yahoo to simplicityinsound
that kind of install is VERY difficult to pull off in a yaris, the well simply is not big enough to get any meaningful sub in there, notice this is a car (volvo 850 wagon) with a full size spare...and a HUGE spare, as a result, i managed to put a .75 cub feet enclsoure in it, and still cna use the spare on top as a grille. in the yaris, you would need a really strange looking spare to do this, something htat is 17" rim but only about umm...4" deep? or else it cant fit in the floor. if you do a drop in box in the rim cavity, you can get maybe .25 real cub feet, way too small for any proper sub to be worth it :)
Old 10-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
IsLNdbOi

I am using a 10" Pioneer shallow sub. Is there anything I can do w/ this sub and some kind of in-wheel install? I'd like to keep the spare tire AND sub w/o sacrificing any space.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
simplicityinsound
Custom Car Audio

not for the yaris in my opinion...its not relaly the size of thes ub that is the matter, is the enclosure space. for the pioneer and many other shallow subs, you still need at the very very very bare minimum .3 cubfeet, and its relaly hard to squeez that rom the yari's spare tire well wti hthe spare in place...it may be possible but honestly, i prefer not to do that kind of instlal beucsae that woul mean the subbox would need to be unsecured so that the spare can be removed easily, but that means this box, in the event of a roll, can come out and become a 30lb flying projectile in the car...not good, i make sure to secure everything.

if you can loose one of hte plastic boxes on the sdes, you can maybe do a fiberglass box for a bunch of 6.5" subs...but with those, you wont have the ultimate bottom end...even this install, wtih 7 of htem, sounded about as loud as two 10s but still lacked the ultimate bottom end:

i whtink wtih a car like the yaris, you really need to think about sacrifices and compromise, do you want real bass (not booming or superloud but bass that fills the bass spectrum for the music to sound right), or keep the spare, or loose trunk space..:)
Old 10-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #10
IsLNdbOi

I don't need booming loud enough to rattle other cars sitting next to me at a stop light. I hate it when someone drives up next to me and they're playing that loud. I just want to hear some semblance of bass in the music I'm listening to.

This is what I had before and it was adequate:
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...ofers/KSC-SW10

It's what I had in my 3-door liftback. I have the 5-door liftback now and am getting the 10" shallow Pioneer sub. this time.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #11
simplicityinsound
Custom Car Audio

well, like i said, its not about booming, or super loud, its about the ability of the sub to faithfully produce the lower octaves, and when you have a sub in a box too small, you get very little output and a dramatic drop off below say30-40hz...and in many kinds of music, not having this extension really sounds wierd from a purely sound quality standpoint. having too small of a box also usually cuases a bump in the 50-90hz range, and this tends to maket he sub sound very boomy, like a cheap boombox...:)
Old 10-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
seehuge

Drives: BMW 325i
Goooooooood LAWD that is beautiful.

Do you have any pics of the sub enclosure and how it fits into the spare-well?

Amazing work!
seehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #13
simplicityinsound
Custom Car Audio

sorry i dont, this being one of hte more simple installs i do, i didnt take that many pics. the the sub encsloure is two part, the bottom of it is fibeglass and the top half is MDF, so i can get the proper depths and air volume out of it :)

there are other installs i have done that have more detailed pics, not sure what hte rules are on here about posting links, so if htis is in violation, please delete it..

but you can look at my installs at www.simplicityinsound.com, clikc on the pics for the full range of pics, quite a few on there have muc more ample install logs on them :)
Old 10-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #14
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
HellO~~
I am here!!
Seems like the pics relased before I got my car back.

Thanks to B at SimplicityInSound. B is the automotive-audiophile local to Bay Area (Frisco), and his work is just absolutely fabulous and classic.

I will host another thread with more pics about my car and the new sound setup.

NEW LINK HERE!
Thanks to all your feedback!!

Last edited by JosephDoc; 10-24-2008 at 08:16 PM.
JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:48 PM   #15
sportin83

Drives: 2008 blazing blue yaris LB
that is really clean looking. makes me wana wrap mine in vinyl too. i have been thinking bout it.

mods: custom sub box, i hit 141.4 db, new speakers, double-din nav, foglights, cruise, CAI, strut brace, under car braces, short antenna, remote start, alarm, actuators in doors and hatch

coming soon: window tint, custom sub grills, tach and........
sportin83 is offline   Reply With Quote