Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #11
acrbill
 
Drives: Polar White Hatch
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: chicago
Posts: 407
With the upcoming snow that we are expecting I decided to get some wax on my 2 day old Polar white HB. I broke out the mothers sealer/glaze and carnuba.

After a thorough wash with Meguires gold class I noticed that I got the "special" paint job. I found that the front bumper had all sorts of metallic contaminants that made their way into the clear coat, and began to create millions of tiny rust spots. Thank God I had a chuck of clay bar left. It took me 2 hours to get all the crap out of the clear coat. I gave it another quick wash and applied the glaze and wax. I sure am glad I did because it is going to rail all day today.

I am hoping we get at least one warm day in the middle of winter so I can get another coat of wax on it.

Detailing a white car does nothing for the ego. No matter how well you polish it, it will never have the stunning effect of a darker color.

It does make finding contaminants easy though.

Here she is in all her polished glory.

acrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
Power-to-Weight Ratios of Yaris, Fit, Mini, etc. Idjiit Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 6 10-06-2017 05:10 PM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
Toyota Yaris to Sponsor FOX's "Prison Break" YarisBueller General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 0 04-30-2006 08:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.