![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() |
I recently received a recall notice for a passenger airbag sensor recall. Taking my 2012 Yaris in next weekend for the fix. Should take around 2 1/2 hours from what they say.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() Drives: 2012 yaris hatchback le Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 5
|
Hi All,
don't know which forum to post in this. currently when I turn my car off my gas meter takes about 5+ minutes for it go down to the normal empty when a car is off. Toyota is trying to tell me that this is normal in a 2012 Toyota yaris, yet when I bought my car in 2012 it worked fine until 2014 which is when it started happening. has anyone else had this issue? |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() Drives: 2013 5 dr. Liftback Yaris LE Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: So. California
Posts: 17
|
I got an email notice from the DOT this morning regarding a new recall for 2012-2015 Yaris:
The affected vehicles may have been manufactured with a roof headliner that does not provide the proper occupant protection in the event of a crash. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...tsa_ids=15V134 Recall begins in mid-April apparently. I just bought my Yaris 3 weeks ago and have never gone through a recall before, so this is going to be all new to me. Should I take pictures beforehand of the inside of the car in case they scratch the interior or mark up my seats (as examples)? |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2014 Yaris SE Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,082
|
The recall says "vehicles sold in Puerto Rico". Don't think it should affect you in Cali (or me in NYC)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() Drives: 2013 5 dr. Liftback Yaris LE Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: So. California
Posts: 17
|
Quote:
When I first read the Puerto Rico part I figured they meant it included those sold in Puerto Rico and not strictly ones sold there. But then I just noticed the affected number and it's only 16K, which is way too small a number for 3 years worth of US models. Thanks for pointing that out! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2014 Yaris L Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 50
|
2015 Yaris strut recall
Just read about this in the car connection news I get every day.I'll try and provide a link below, but if it doesn't work, go to thecarconnection.com and read the news letter for May 27th 2016. http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...or-suspension/
Last edited by cparker; 05-28-2016 at 09:06 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona (USA)
Posts: 1,058
|
You can enter your VIN here to check current recall status for your Toyota:
http://www.toyota.com/recall So far, nothing comes up for my 2015. I wonder if the recall is specific to the trim level (L, LE or SE)? I'm not sure if the SE "sports-tuned suspension" means different parts in that regard or not. The recall is only for 3100 2015 Yari (so far), which is about 3 months worth of American sales of the model - assuming they are talking about U.S. recalls # only and not North America? Also, for more info on the recall details: http://corporatenews.pressroom.toyot...aris-may25.htm http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...ension-problem |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
![]() Drives: Yaris Icon 1.33 Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 11
|
Quote:
My UK Yaris 2015 has been recalled for the replacement strut bearings. So mine is so 'lucky' to be within those 3000 defected cars?! I should go and get the lottery..... And yes, when I go over large humps in my office car park at speed, the front suspensions do 'jump' and not have the usual damping as my other car and my colleagues' cars. See if the replacement improvements anything. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue (formerly) Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: TX, United States
Posts: 27
|
I took mine in today for the recall. I too was a "lucky winner" I have the 2015 SE model. I haven't noticed any issues with it though - which is good I suppose as I already have almost 20K on the car.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
![]() ![]() Drives: White Yaris Sedan Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 85
|
I'm still waiting on the Yaris airbag recall.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 1987 Silverado Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 315
|
Got my airbag recall notice, but they didn't have the parts yet at the dealership.
Thus far on my sedan they've replaced my Driver's side seat track, and something to do with the power window switch. They said it was some kind of potential fire hazard. They also changed out the cruise control unit for some reason. Only thing I've actually noticed so far from any of it, was the seat track. It stopped clicking into place 30 minutes after I had set it where I needed it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 01 Yaris TS Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 92
|
Its the TAKATA airbag recall , some models have the AB ecu which was made by TRW.
Supply parts is limited due to the great demand.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris 2008 Sedan Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 85
|
I'm on the same boat as BennyLava. I'm taking mine in for fix this Saturday.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Mr. 155 and climbing
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
|
I received the airbag recall, but with me moving to DFW I am not sure whether or not a dealership there will do the work. I was all set back home in Northern Maine. Guess we will see when I am back from this work contract the beginning of April.
Sent from m-o-b-i-l-e
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch is sold Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 45
|
My car says:
seat track July 2014 Spiral cable Nov. 2014 R10- Window switch? Dec. 2015 (has no power windows, maybe hatch defrost?) Just now got letter, TAKATA airbags. I was just at the dealer last week and asked about any recall, she said none. ![]() I was thinking they could take the airbags and leave them out...not sure if they'd go for it though |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: the good Carolina
Posts: 173
|
I got my passenger air bag done now my passengers are safe again.
Well, as safe as they can be anyway. (insert evil laugh here)
__________________
2010 Yaris sedan, TRD CAT back (sport muffler only, really), OBX header (relocated front AF sensor to front pipe), OBX throttle plate spacer, K&N filter (in stock air box-for now), TRD struts and shocks, Mexico Rough Road Springs x 4, new Yota sway bar links front, slotted/drilled rotors and Maxx brakes front, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid, 3M undercoated, 16" Konig Feathers Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + Tires TRD rear sway bar, 4 GT Spec bars including: front strut brace 2 point, 4 point ladder brace, mid chassis brace and rear lower tie brace, rear hitch, [B]
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Response from Toyota on my special order | drdavidr4u | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 14 | 04-27-2010 08:59 PM |
| Yaris In Forza 3 | whooppee777 | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 61 | 04-03-2010 04:36 PM |
| Toyota Temporarily Suspends Sales of Selected Vehicles | redglare45 | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 0 | 01-26-2010 06:33 PM |
| Toyota Delays | Buckethead | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 3 | 08-26-2006 03:16 AM |
| Toyota recalls vehicles over faulty engine | Lizardboy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 1 | 07-18-2006 07:07 PM |