Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #487
matti
 
Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammable View Post
That is what my recall letter said as well.
I had the work done today at my local dealership. Took about two hours.
matti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:10 PM   #488
Flammable
 
Flammable's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by matti View Post
I had the work done today at my local dealership. Took about two hours.
Cool and thanks now I know about how long we will have to wait. The only bad thing about going to the dealership is we always like to look at the new cars and gosh darn it I cant tell you how many times we took cars in for oil changes and walked out with new cars.
Flammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #489
cavramopoulos
 
Drives: 2012 yaris hatchback le
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 5
Hi All,
don't know which forum to post in this. currently when I turn my car off my gas meter takes about 5+ minutes for it go down to the normal empty when a car is off. Toyota is trying to tell me that this is normal in a 2012 Toyota yaris, yet when I bought my car in 2012 it worked fine until 2014 which is when it started happening. has anyone else had this issue?
cavramopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #490
Flammable
 
Flammable's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavramopoulos View Post
Hi All,
don't know which forum to post in this. currently when I turn my car off my gas meter takes about 5+ minutes for it go down to the normal empty when a car is off. Toyota is trying to tell me that this is normal in a 2012 Toyota yaris, yet when I bought my car in 2012 it worked fine until 2014 which is when it started happening. has anyone else had this issue?
I have a 2012 Yaris and my gas gauge doesn't go down until I lock my car with the remote key fob. I am not sure if it goes down on it's own or how long that takes.
Flammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #491
KingForADay
 
KingForADay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 5 dr. Liftback Yaris LE
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: So. California
Posts: 17
I got an email notice from the DOT this morning regarding a new recall for 2012-2015 Yaris:

The affected vehicles may have been manufactured with a roof headliner that does not provide the proper occupant protection in the event of a crash.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...tsa_ids=15V134

Recall begins in mid-April apparently.

I just bought my Yaris 3 weeks ago and have never gone through a recall before, so this is going to be all new to me.

Should I take pictures beforehand of the inside of the car in case they scratch the interior or mark up my seats (as examples)?
KingForADay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:29 AM   #492
NYC-SE
 
NYC-SE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,082
The recall says "vehicles sold in Puerto Rico". Don't think it should affect you in Cali (or me in NYC)
NYC-SE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:53 AM   #493
KingForADay
 
KingForADay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 5 dr. Liftback Yaris LE
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: So. California
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
The recall says "vehicles sold in Puerto Rico". Don't think it should affect you in Cali (or me in NYC)
Oh, strange. I wonder why they even sent me the email alert. I signed up to be alerted and am pretty certain I entered my VIN when doing so, and according to the vehicle history my car was originally sold new in Texas (bought it used here in Cali.).

When I first read the Puerto Rico part I figured they meant it included those sold in Puerto Rico and not strictly ones sold there. But then I just noticed the affected number and it's only 16K, which is way too small a number for 3 years worth of US models.

Thanks for pointing that out!
KingForADay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #494
Flammable
 
Flammable's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForADay View Post
Oh, strange. I wonder why they even sent me the email alert. I signed up to be alerted and am pretty certain I entered my VIN when doing so, and according to the vehicle history my car was originally sold new in Texas (bought it used here in Cali.).

When I first read the Puerto Rico part I figured they meant it included those sold in Puerto Rico and not strictly ones sold there. But then I just noticed the affected number and it's only 16K, which is way too small a number for 3 years worth of US models.

Thanks for pointing that out!
A Toyota dealership should be able to advise you of any recalls just by your VIN. You may want to check with them and see if there are any other recalls that your car would be under. I just recently had the passenger airbag sensor replaced via recall on my 2012 Yaris.
Flammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #495
cparker
 
Drives: 2014 Yaris L
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 50
2015 Yaris strut recall

Just read about this in the car connection news I get every day.I'll try and provide a link below, but if it doesn't work, go to thecarconnection.com and read the news letter for May 27th 2016. http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...or-suspension/

Last edited by cparker; 05-28-2016 at 09:06 AM.
cparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #496
Kalispel
 
Kalispel's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona (USA)
Posts: 1,058
You can enter your VIN here to check current recall status for your Toyota:

http://www.toyota.com/recall

So far, nothing comes up for my 2015. I wonder if the recall is specific to the trim level (L, LE or SE)? I'm not sure if the SE "sports-tuned suspension" means different parts in that regard or not.

The recall is only for 3100 2015 Yari (so far), which is about 3 months worth of American sales of the model - assuming they are talking about U.S. recalls # only and not North America?

Also, for more info on the recall details:

http://corporatenews.pressroom.toyot...aris-may25.htm

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...ension-problem
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:13 AM   #497
Justhandguns
 
Drives: Yaris Icon 1.33
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
You can enter your VIN here to check current recall status for your Toyota:

http://www.toyota.com/recall

So far, nothing comes up for my 2015. I wonder if the recall is specific to the trim level (L, LE or SE)? I'm not sure if the SE "sports-tuned suspension" means different parts in that regard or not.

The recall is only for 3100 2015 Yari (so far), which is about 3 months worth of American sales of the model - assuming they are talking about U.S. recalls # only and not North America?

Also, for more info on the recall details:

http://corporatenews.pressroom.toyot...aris-may25.htm

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...ension-problem

My UK Yaris 2015 has been recalled for the replacement strut bearings. So mine is so 'lucky' to be within those 3000 defected cars?! I should go and get the lottery.....

And yes, when I go over large humps in my office car park at speed, the front suspensions do 'jump' and not have the usual damping as my other car and my colleagues' cars. See if the replacement improvements anything.
Justhandguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:38 PM   #498
Zombiesrock
 
Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue (formerly)
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: TX, United States
Posts: 27
I took mine in today for the recall. I too was a "lucky winner" I have the 2015 SE model. I haven't noticed any issues with it though - which is good I suppose as I already have almost 20K on the car.
Zombiesrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 02:03 AM   #499
MoneyT8
 
Drives: White Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 85
I'm still waiting on the Yaris airbag recall.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:29 AM   #500
BennyLava
 
Drives: 1987 Silverado
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 315
Got my airbag recall notice, but they didn't have the parts yet at the dealership.

Thus far on my sedan they've replaced my Driver's side seat track, and something to do with the power window switch. They said it was some kind of potential fire hazard. They also changed out the cruise control unit for some reason.

Only thing I've actually noticed so far from any of it, was the seat track. It stopped clicking into place 30 minutes after I had set it where I needed it.
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:48 AM   #501
ncp13
 
ncp13's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Yaris TS
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Athens Greece
Posts: 92
Its the TAKATA airbag recall , some models have the AB ecu which was made by TRW.
Supply parts is limited due to the great demand.
ncp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #502
seatech30
 
Drives: Yaris 2008 Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 85
I'm on the same boat as BennyLava. I'm taking mine in for fix this Saturday.
seatech30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:20 AM   #503
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing
 
fnkngrv's Avatar
 
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
I received the airbag recall, but with me moving to DFW I am not sure whether or not a dealership there will do the work. I was all set back home in Northern Maine. Guess we will see when I am back from this work contract the beginning of April.

Sent from m-o-b-i-l-e
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook


Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing


Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #504
Cartel
 
Cartel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch is sold
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 45
Exclamation

My car says:
seat track July 2014
Spiral cable Nov. 2014
R10- Window switch? Dec. 2015 (has no power windows, maybe hatch defrost?)

Just now got letter, TAKATA airbags.

I was just at the dealer last week and asked about any recall, she said none.


I was thinking they could take the airbags and leave them out...not sure if they'd go for it though
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Response from Toyota on my special order drdavidr4u New YARIS Purchase Forum 14 04-27-2010 08:59 PM
Yaris In Forza 3 whooppee777 Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 61 04-03-2010 04:36 PM
Toyota Temporarily Suspends Sales of Selected Vehicles redglare45 Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 0 01-26-2010 06:33 PM
Toyota Delays Buckethead General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 3 08-26-2006 03:16 AM
Toyota recalls vehicles over faulty engine Lizardboy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 1 07-18-2006 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.