![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Thank you! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Ohh... Boy!
SQcomp meets D in Boston! It was my lucky day and an honor to have SQcomp sit in the Benz
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
For the Yaris community who don't know sqcomp or me, he has been my Car Audio Mentor through all these years, we both had Yaris with Sound systems, he guided me through all my installs in my Yaris, he helped me put together this long.... thread.
A day I will never forget! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
We certainly needed more time to geek out on the Merc system.
I just got my hands on a nice “backup” amp setup just in case my main amplifier section selection doesn’t perform like I want ![]()
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine Last edited by sqcomp; 05-25-2018 at 12:23 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris 2009 Join Date: May 2021
Location: Australia
Posts: 97
|
Following
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Meteorite Metallic LB Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 251
|
I know it won't hold up to weight. He was asking about attaching grill cloth to the back side of the a pillar.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Meteorite Metallic LB Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 251
|
[QUOTE=sqcomp;534766]There is truth in that last one...
The real challenge is getting into WHY things sound the way they do... Head Related Transfer Function, InterModulation Distortion, Interaural Time Difference, and Interaural Intensity Difference are some terms you'll run into when asking why does my soundstage do (or not do) certain things when listening.[/QUOTE Reading that made my head hurt! lol! |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Make a big hole between the spheres and the a-pillars to vent true them, kind of like you did to your kicks to let the L8s breath, but in a much smaller scale; the HL-70 are only 3"
.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Secret Agent
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
|
I was wondering if I would ever live long enough to see this project finished.
But now I realize that I will NOT. SqComp: get out while you still can! It is THE NEVERENDING STORY! You have been sucked into "the nothing" ! Falcor, Atreyu, save us!
__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs! |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
So the L6's can take more than 200 watts ![]() Thanks D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I did, but it was twice the work doing a mold for a first timer, it's a learning process, now I feel more comfortable working with fiberglass, I even thought that the first spheres where just for learning they look good in pictures, but in real life look very nice, I still need to do the smaller spheres for the tweeters!
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
The second set of spheres for the tweeters will be a different approach, I'll to a mold first and then glass the inside! Thank you, D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
According to tracking # tomorrow the amp and the sub should arrive, I'll have to do a photo shoot of all the equipment. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Secret Agent
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
|
Quote:
Yes... throw more power at them! That always works!
__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Per your request...
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() as we grow up, toys get more expensive... ![]() Derick
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
Secret Agent
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
|
Quote:
"Solution" to what? ( Are you saying you have a problem? ) I would have to listen to your system, before I could even begin to suggest anything. And not just "listen", but "study" it. I would also need to know what your concerns are. You have way more experience at this stuff than I do, so I doubt I could offer any helpful advice. HAVING SAID THAT.... I always smile when people throw more power at their systems as a solution to some issue. ( Especially considering you are an "SQ" guy, and not an "SPL" guy. ) I EXPECT it from the SPL crowd.
__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Secret Agent
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
|
And to YOU... Derick:
You are way better at taking photos than you are at FINISHING YOUR SYSTEM! ![]() But seriously, it's looking good so far.
__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs! |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I know... ![]() I'm an architect and a photographer, I can draw it or take a picture but I'll have some else to do it! in this case, it's a passion and hobby and I'm doing the best I can to prove that if I can do it! every body can! A.M. made my day again! Derick .
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |