Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
jenfre

Drives: Yaris RS 2009 5DR
G-Tech RPM Issue ?

Hi, just got a used g-tech pro ss for 60 buck. I felt it was a good deal until i tried to set up the rpm sensor. I gave it few tries with no result. I searched on the forum about the g-tech and realized the yaris had a weak rpm signal. Can i do something more than turning on A/C, Fan, Fog Headlight etc to get it work proprely ??

Thankyou !!!
jenfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
06silveryaris

Drives: 2006 yaris
I gave up on setting RPM on mine but it works great measuting g s. I have also teste hp runs and always get around 100-103 hp. Which seems on mark
06silveryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Which "method" are you using to feed it the RPM signal? The Yaris actually has a very good RPM signal, if you use the TACH wire on the OBDII connector. If you are using the method where the GTech looks for ignition noise on the power wire, that would explain it having trouble, as modern cars have good ignition noise isolation.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
jenfre

Well I did know you could use the g-tech without configuring the rpm sensor. Ihave only plugged the g-tech in the 12V output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Which "method" are you using to feed it the RPM signal? The Yaris actually has a very good RPM signal, if you use the TACH wire on the OBDII connector. If you are using the method where the GTech looks for ignition noise on the power wire, that would explain it having trouble, as modern cars have good ignition noise isolation.

Is there a way to connect the g-tech to that signal wire ?
Old 03-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfre View Post
Well I did know you could use the g-tech without configuring the rpm sensor. Ihave only plugged the g-tech in the 12V output.

Is there a way to connect the g-tech to that signal wire ?

It looks like it depends on the model. The Gtech Pro EGS has a green wire for tach input. The SS and RS look like they can only read tach from the noise on the power input wire.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
jenfre

I have the SS... Tried another time this afternoon and it still did not work even with all electrical componement turned on. I think i will use it without rpm. Will it affect the g-tech data ? For the momment the g-tech tells 124 HP but i know i must have entered a to heavy weight. Anybodyknows the weight of a 5DR 09 Yaris ? Because i think the weight on the door panel is the max capacity of the car ? Correct me if i'am wrong