![]() |
|
|
|
#865 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Just for the reccord...
You guys know I was using a 10" bazooka with 400watts RMS from my old Pioneer Class D amp When I put the PowerBass amp class A/B pushing 250watts RMS to the bazooka, the improvement was like day and night! so even with less power new technology and by using a class A/B amp, it's way much better. and I'm happy! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#866 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
|
But your still gonna put in the new sub, right?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#867 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#868 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
So we all know that resin aka MEK would melt the foam, so I added a layer of 5 minute epoxy to the foam spheres...
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#869 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
These are the spheres after the first layer of 5 minute epoxy...
![]() ![]() Tomorrow I'll put a layer of MEK with a some fiberglass... D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#870 |
![]() Drives: Yaris 07 HB Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oz
Posts: 28
|
nice one, that should eliminate alot of diffractions.... also a little tip if your going to have your tweeters up high - a dash mat , i know alot of people dont like the look of them , but for such a simple addition the benefits a great , just eliminates a major source of reflections ;), pitty we cant carpet the windshield also ....
|
|
|
|
|
|
#871 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
DashMatt it's been there for a few month now, I even made a small report on how good / bad = looks and works (in this thread). I have the Ltd. Edition and I'm happy with it! LINK ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#872 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
![]() Every body got sick at home )o: It's been a hard week with everything going on! ![]() I added a layer of Resin + MEK to the small spheres, it's cold we'll see how they look tomorrow. . Feliz Navidad Everybody! ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#873 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I've had the darn Flu as well, it's that time of the year = ( Hope the family feels better, and have a Merry X-mas Derick !
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 |
|
|
|
|
|
#874 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#875 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
After all these festivities and family, I got a little chance to work on my hobby.
After the layer of 5 minute epoxy I did 2 layers of Resin, if it's stiff enough I'll take out the foam and reinforce the inside with fiberglass. ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#876 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Got the foam out the spheres (with Acetone)
The shell it's not very strong so I cut small strips of fiber glass and paste them inside the sphere with some spray glue, then added resin+MEK to reinforce the structure of the spheres. I'm sorry my camera ran out of batteries so I used a point and shoot, I'll post the pictures soon... D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#877 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
The spheres without foam!
![]() Spheres with some Fiber Glass (I added more fiberglass as I was pouring the resin. ![]() Looks ugly now, but the spheres should be very solid by tomorrow! ![]() Next step is the add a wood baffle for the tweeter and match the spheres. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#878 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Looking good D!
Anything you want me to find for you at CES? I'm landing in Vegas Tomorrow morning.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#879 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
|
Anybody there givin out free 2 to 4 channel amps give me a holla!! LOL I'm gonna need to get something to offset the internal power from a little Kenwood HU I'm getting.Also getting some cheap, but better than stock component front speakers this week. Now if i can talk my oldest into the virtues of a single 12 sealed box instead of the 2 w/ported box he has now, I'll be able to bump it alittle. LOL, terrible, plotting against my son like that,lol
|
|
|
|
|
|
#880 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Try to suck as much information as you can, take pictures, take pictures and lots of pictures, Freebies are welcome, music, tips etc! Thanks, have FUN! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#881 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Sanded down the opening in one of the spheres to match the diameter of the Tweeter, glue in place a balsa wood baffle, hardened with CA+ accelerator (this process reminds me my other hobby, r/c model airplanes) and made a hole for tweeter.
Now lets do the other sphere... (soon) Sorry for crappy pictures, I'm still using the point & shoot camera, and the dust over the tweeter, )o: ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#882 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
I'll see if I can get a hybrid audio t shirt for you at least. I'll be hanging around Scott until Sunday anyway...
I don't know if image Dynamics is going to have an off site suite, I'll try to corner matt borgart or one of the other guys from ID to get you something. Pioneer USA will be there. That's one of the First booths I'm visiting!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |