Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #11
tomato
Super Moderator
 
tomato's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
@frownonfun No one *needs* anything, except food, water and shelter, clothes (the kind that keep you warm, not the kind that have designer names on them ;)

You don't need cable, Netflix, a certain color Yaris (why don't we all get grey cars, after all, all we need is to get around, right? ;) , certainly not the mods on the car, or the vast majority of objects that surround us. However, we still get these things because they fill another "need" or want, even if only a need for pleasure.

I know it's hard for some people to wrap their head around it but tablet computing is going to stay. I'm willing to bet we'll all have tablets 5 years down the road, max (and BTW, I would be shocked if the iMac of the future doesn't operate by touch as well, but that's a whole other conversation for some other time. ;)

I bought a bluetooth keyboard so I could work on my iPad. I wouldn't work on it 24/7, 7 days a week, but I can definitely work on it several days (with the help of a touch keyboard). So to me, it's not just a luxury object. It's also helpful.

The tablet's strong point (besides the touch screen) is, for me, portability and long battery life. Its weak points for me is lack of Flash, and it would be nice to have a USB port or three.
__________________
Follow Bamboo the YarisWorld Traveler here
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sales Feedback Thread eTiMaGo Items for Sale by private party 188 05-04-2019 10:43 AM
IPAD LOVERS jamal1984 Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 14 06-15-2010 08:48 AM
US Yaris Sales "stronger than expected" GTSRacer General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 16 09-16-2006 01:35 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.