Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #1099
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
And by the way, a nice McIntosh blue would look good in your Avatar....I'm just sayin.....
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #1100
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
*Meh* I can say I sold this bad boy yesterday:


^6 channel. 4 channels X 100w, 2 channels X 300w. Dual illuminated output level meters. Power Guard. Quad MOSFET PWM power supplies. Ported tunnel forced-air cooling. Multi-stage thermal protection. Input level controls. Transient protection. Gold plated terminals. 2ohm stability. Allows internal installation of McIntosh parametric equalizer modules. Includes built-in electronic crossover with selectable high pass and low pass filters. Size 2-3/4"H, 34"W and 12"D. Sold from 1996-. Last retail price $4000.00


I was thinking of snatching it up for myself, but the headroom of my LRx's is more than what this bad boy gives. Still though...That would look SWEET in the back of a Yaris!

The guy who bought it is going to put it to good use. Besides, I favored him anyway, he's running HAT speakers.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #1101
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
Never have checked into their mobile audio stuff. Always liked the home goodies though.....
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #1102
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Well...imagine the quality of the home stuff in your car.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:44 AM   #1103
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I can't believe it!

I moved my sub to the rear seat in the center, I adjusted Time Alignment and went for a ride...

I thought some thing was wrong, where is my woofer? where is all the bass? I moved it around, checked wires, and nothing, after 61 miles I moved it back to the "FRONT" the IDQ came alive!

Location and aiming of a sub, it's very important! experiment and find out your self the best for your system.


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 AM   #1104
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
:)

I'm saying! You'll notice that the most successful SQ cars are the ones with up front woofers.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #1105
vimnjicki
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris 3dr Hatch
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Redlands
Posts: 10
hey! put a set of tweeters in the A pillars...wait. Getting a little bit ahead of myself. I replaced the stock front door speakers with a pair of Polk 6501 components. woofers in the door of course but I was able to install the tweets in the A-pillars. Sweet sound stage. Just have to get another pair for the rear and then the 8 inch subs. By the way, Derick, it looks like there is an appreciable amount of space for a sub under the dash. It would be down-firing and Im not sure about the cubic feet. but I could stick my head in there beside the fan housing. I just took out the glove box. Just throwing that out
vimnjicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #1106
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
:)

I'm saying! You'll notice that the most successful SQ cars are the ones with up front woofers.
Yes I can clearly understand why!


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #1107
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimnjicki View Post
Derick, it looks like there is an appreciable amount of space for a sub under the dash. It would be down-firing and Im not sure about the cubic feet. but I could stick my head in there beside the fan housing. I just took out the glove box. Just throwing that out
Yes, there is some space down there, I'm working very creatively to figure out how to put 2 mini woofers (6.5")


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #1108
RawrDaddy
 
Drives: 2007
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 61
Why No Shallow Mount - Under The Seat setups?

-btw x ive been sitting here watching this thread ANXIOUSLY for your results.CHOPCHOP-
RawrDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #1109
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
@vimn

I think we're already at and past the point of simply putting tweeters in the pillars. :)

Wouldn't you say D? Both of us have gone WAY past just a simple tweeter install.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #1110
Viperoni
 
Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 505
The Peerless XLS 10" slim has ridiculously small sealed box req's (on paper...), I wonder how it'd do under our front seats... ?
Viperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:12 AM   #1111
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
hey D...

Here are the specs as promised:

http://hybrid-audio.com/Imagine%20I6SW.pdf
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #1112
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawrDaddy View Post
Why No Shallow Mount - Under The Seat setups?

-btw x ive been sitting here watching this thread ANXIOUSLY for your results.CHOPCHOP-
Thanks RawrDaddy, I'm very anxiously too!

I think that putting a sub under the seats would miss the point of moving the bass as forward as possible, even though it's not a bad idea, but the space under my seats it's too small after deadening and besides I think it would impact the seats directly.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #1113
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperoni View Post
The Peerless XLS 10" slim has ridiculously small sealed box req's (on paper...), I wonder how it'd do under our front seats... ?
I didn't find the slim version, but according to them: LINK the Peerless XLS 10" needs 20 liter box, AKA 0.70 cubic feet, 0.10 cf more than (2) I6SW.

I still have 3 Kicker Solo-Baric 10" woofers that work on 0.66 cf, and I could play with one of them too. But the option going under the seats it's out of the equation for me.

Thanks
D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #1114
RawrDaddy
 
Drives: 2007
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 61
Oh Ok
i see now.

(under a seat was the only place upfront that i could think of besides using the dash area >_<)



...imaputmysubinsidemysteeringwheel.
RawrDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #1115
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
@vimn
I think we're already at and past the point of simply putting tweeters in the pillars. :)
Wouldn't you say D? Both of us have gone WAY past just a simple tweeter install.
We have discuss this before, and I feel "vimn" is just trying to share with us his accomplishments upgrading the speakers with 6.5" components + tweeters, but here we go so we all learn (like me a year ago I knew nothing!)

Some one told me about this issue:

When using components (6.5" + tweeter) it's recommended that you keep them no more than 12" apart. why?

You will end up with female voices (highs) up at the tweeter level and male voices (lows) way down where your 6.5 speakers are. And rear speakers do nothing for "Front Stage" even the Sub want's to go up front!


To accomplish "Sound Stage" is more than that, Time Alignment it's a key feature that makes it possible (a 3D-mentional sensation of sound) . And having a main source of sound it's so important even though we run 4 channels (high, mids, lows, and sub) for Sound Stage I'm using my 3" Mids to be the main source of sound playing with a frequency from 200 hz to 10 Khz, this moves my stage where ever my MIDS are. Highs (tweeter pick up from 10 Khz and up, but they are next to the MIDS so no frequency separation) Also "aiming" the MIDS it's important... I've been learning how it works, for example my mids are aiming to the middle of the front seats (kind of a 45 degrees from the sides) that it's wrong, makes my stage right in front of my face and it's not parallel (kind of like a "V" shape), I feel more like "In Stage" than "Front Stage"

I'm going to redo the Mids aiming almost facing each other so my stage moves over the dashboard (Forward).

Thanks "vimn" for posting, pictures are welcome!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #1116
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
hey D...

Here are the specs as promised:

http://hybrid-audio.com/Imagine%20I6SW.pdf


Thanks!
I was looking at this last night,
mmm they are not the same size compared to the L6s

They aren't too deep either, that's good! I'll start sketching...

HAT even had a Photo of the new I6SW on FB...




D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.