Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun
Hey man, it's all good. Like I said from the get go I don't disagree with your overall point. But to say that the Yaris is "pulling on nothing" is, in many ways, a matter of how you look at it.
And the comparison to the mazda was only to illustrate that it pulls harder than other 1.5Ls. In no way did I think you were turning this into a Mazda versus Toyota thing. I happen to like both anyway. And Nissan for that matter.
Also I still feel the need to defend EPyarisdriver because I'm not sure if he meant times on an autocross track or just lame ass street racing from stop lights. Because if it's at the track I feel if he is a skilled driver and others aren't so much then it's feasible he could be "keeping up" with those cars. Keeping up is also kind of relative too so who knows. Still I don't think you should knock someone for taking pride in their car.
But again... I'm not really arguing with you. And frankly, if you have a mazdaspeed3, I'm more jealous than anything else.
|
I can agree with this, maybe I did come off arrogant, but that is because I deal with ricers all day in my speed 3, and especially when I drive my speed protege. So i am in the habit of using facts to straighten things out instead of just saying no. That wasnt intentional, like i said just out of habit because of the people i have to deal with everyday. For a 1.5, the yaris isnt bad, but there is a difference between taking pride and embellishing. not looking to flame or argue, was just stating facts, as i work for toyota, and i am an avid mazda enthusiast.