Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #19
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemelek View Post
I have Dodge diesel which takes 35 gallons. Don't drive it much but I can't pull the trailer or carry plywood with the Yaris. I know people who will spend over $600/month on gas.
I used to have an (old) V8 Silvarado with 175,000 miles on it I bought for $600 to do chores with. But I only drove it to work once or twice a month to keep the oil circulating and the battery charged. Put maybe 500-1000 miles a year on it. Almost all the 1000 cars in my companies lot are SUVs or fourwheel drives. I bet you could count the number of 4 cylinder cars on two hands! And some of them might be 2.4 liter jobs too!
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
07 flint mica

Drives: 07 sedan.04 2500hd,10 mazda3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
REALISTIC? How much to fill one of those things? 40 gallons +? @ $4 a gallon thats $160 for a fillup! AT LEAST! I fill up twice a month that would be $4000 a year!

Even @$3 its $120! Realistic? Realistic? Even if they arent morons enough to pay that they are putting a big sign on our backs saying "KICK ME!" to the oil companies and hostile countries who sell us our oil. Who are rubbing their slimy dirty hands with glee over it.

Georges Bushes war in Iraq, Bernie Madoffs ponzi scheme, and now Obamas war in Libya. To which we can add people using 40 gallons of gas a week when >20 would do...
I love my yaris. It is a great commuter car and i drive it 80% of the time over my pick up. I am fortunate enough to have 2 vehicle's plus my fiances mazda3. If i could only have or afford 1 car it would have to be my truck to pull my snowmobiles and boats. Yes the truck gets poor fuel mileage but for my self and the joy of my hobbies it is needed and still worth the extra money at the pump. That goes for a lot of consumers with v6 and v8 engines aswell. economy cars are not for everybody.
07 flint mica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 flint mica View Post
I love my yaris. It is a great commuter car and i drive it 80% of the time over my pick up. I am fortunate enough to have 2 vehicle's plus my fiances mazda3. If i could only have or afford 1 car it would have to be my truck to pull my snowmobiles and boats. Yes the truck gets poor fuel mileage but for my self and the joy of my hobbies it is needed and still worth the extra money at the pump. That goes for a lot of consumers with v6 and v8 engines aswell. economy cars are not for everybody.
I think you are doing the right thing. A Yaris to commute to work and put most of the mile on. A truck...yeah that can have the other 20%.

Still...I pulled my 17 foot Bston Whaler with a 2.4 liter Toyota Tacoma NO PROBLEM.
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote