![]() |
|
|
|
#1261 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1262 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
I'm saying! No, it's not healthy. I cannot, however, tell you how to play your system. If he wants to lose his hearing (more), by all means, it's his hearing.
He was burping the vehicle in the low 30 Hz frequency range. It'll get close to 160 dB.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1263 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
It may be good for the sinus ![]() I agree on the sentence... "I cannot, however, tell you how to play your system" I found out that it gets very personal in terms on car-audio... I shared my Sound Quality system with other guys around here and... they give a Sh...(3.1416)..t about it, if they can't hear you blocks away or if you don't have two 15's... is meaning less! Unless they get to sit down at the steering wheel of a Red Yaris! So "Amateur class in IASCA" haaa NICE! I like it!!! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1264 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Whelp...
Here were the two IASCA amateurs that were showing at the sound off: ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() These were the IASCA Pros that were showing at the sound off: ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() And this was the only Expert car: ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Thoughts?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1265 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Mmmm my yaris looks faster! LOL
Nice set ups, I wish I had the time to finish mine and get it to that point! Sqcomp... the RCA cables from behind the HU, (Sub,Low,Mid,High) I'm running them on the drivers side! once in a while, when I stick my hands in there I get an electrical interference, did you run your wires over the passenger's side? D. PS... I saw another P99 there, some ID woofers and horns, an another with a sub up front! but no one with Mids+Tweeters up in the A-pillars! . .
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1266 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
I did run mine on the passenger's side, yes.
Mids and tweets in the a-pillar is sort of a "bad boy" thing in the car audio realm.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1267 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
![]() So tell me more about "bad boy"! ![]() I got the feeling that is the most clever location (if possible) also depends on the vehicle. But what is the most common set up in the car audio realm? D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1268 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
|
I ran all mine down the passenger side too. No interference at all for me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1269 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
That'd be a toss up between kick pod mounting and door mounting with a high tweeter mount...
Oooh! Just ordered the new amps today. I'm not going the Voce route. I'm doing a couple surfboards @ 25" long and 10" wide (450x2 and perhaps around 1300x1) plus a smaller one that's only 17" long and 10" wide (120x2+240x2)... BIG power, means big head room.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1270 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
BTW as of today, did you notice that we almost have the same post count? Sqcomp...1,565 Me...1,569 AND... Yes I know what you mean with "Big Head Room"... testing my PB amp per your suggestions... plugging another amp (my old ones, included the Premier 4 channel Class A amp 4x65w.) and the difference is there, so I know what you mean. CONGRATULATIONS with your new amps! I'm jealous! but... what did you ordered? Today was so HOT, that the glue holding the rings in place for the MIDs melted down! I need to finish them up and glass them, shame on me. Too much stuff going on right now, some thing big is cooking! (o: D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC Last edited by derickveliz2; 05-27-2011 at 11:31 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1271 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Digital Designs (2) S2b...2 x 450 @ 4 Ohms, quad power transformers, and Burr Brown op-amps. 25" long and almost 10" wide...the MAP on those are $1100 a piece.
![]() And then (1) S4b...120x2+240x2 @ 4 Ohms...the MAP on this one is $900. ![]() I'm talking BIIIIGGGG headroom. The power output is true, it's not one of those fake output amplifiers. 450 x 2 without even cracking a sweat. Can you imagine 450 x 2 on your L6's? Yeah baby!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1272 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Where and how much are you spending on these Beauties!/Beasts/Audio Climax gems?
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1273 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Before you get too excited, let me get mine in...I'll crack the cases and I'll take pics and we'll take a closer look these.
Jim sells the line. Before you jump on board, let me give them a try. The MAP on the S2b is $1100 and the MAP on the S4b is $900. Am I paying that much...no. These seem to me to be a modern version of old school engineering. We'll see. I'll let you know what it all looks like.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1274 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Don't worry, I'm still working on my Mids install!
I can wait, I know I can! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1275 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
You think YOU'VE got it tough? I'm ramping up for my first show in August...every minute I waste waiting...it's killing me that these aren't here.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1276 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Hey Derick! Happy Birthday! Hope getting old like me isn't slowing you down. :P
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1277 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
On the other hand, I almost got on tears this morning... (good news) I did all the wiring again! in my car and when I turned on this morning the noise wasn't there! so Sqcomp.. I don't need to send the amp back, it's working fine! Now I'm only going to return the amp to it's original position and test it for a couple of days. The only change was the RCAs from the HU on the passenger's side. So far so good. What I need now is the information about that relay for the amp to delay when the amp turns on and get rid of the little Pop when I turn the amp on. So let's get back to the Mids in the a-pillars. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1278 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
So it was introduced noise from the RCAs. Jim was talking to me about the costs of IF the amp was found to have no issues...
Now on to the soft relays...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |