![]() |
|
|
|
#1369 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
got used to it when building r/c airplanes. ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1370 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
More spurring for D to follow:
![]() ![]() ...Of course I didn't take the opportunity to take a picture with the grills over the speakers. What I have to do now is to find a NON-stainless steel machine screw (preferably a flat headed security type screw) so that I only need to use magnets on the grill's underside to attach them to the kick. That'll probably happen sometime this week or early next. What should be noted about these grills is that these are for daily driving and use. I have some "show" grills being made right now. I'll place those on...during shows obviously. These that are made above are a little bit of router work, some sanding, painting, stapling, and gluing. It's a fun afternoon project really.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1371 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1372 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
The back huh?
You're trying to see if I have them open like the last pods? If that's the case, no I don't. I've got the opening on the bottom that leads down into/through the subframe holes in the floorboard. ![]() ^This is actually the side of the pod. I can tell because the little hole right there is used to bolt the pod into the car where the wiring bundles behind the kicks go. It doesn't look like I have any direct pics of the back. I can take some if you'd like. ![]() ^You can see the hole I was referring to through the grill cloth... ![]() ^There's also this one too... You can see with that last one that the pod's glassing is VERY thick. When you rap or knock on the pod, it's pretty much a dead thud or impact. It's not hollow at all. I'd liken it to the same sound when you hit a stone wall. There's just THAT sound...that nope, it's not moving sound. All the interior and edges of said interior of the pods have been coated with long hair. It's simply rock solid. I'd estimate that each of the kicks unloaded weights at least 10 lbs.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1373 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Very nice Sqcomp,
Has HAT come up with a formula to calculate the area for venting? when I did my first pods (Spheres) some one at DIYMA wrote that the vents should be at least 1/3 of the cone area, what are the Legatia's cooking recipe for this scenario? D. Ps... why did you do only 1 pair of kick panels? lol
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1374 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Why only one pair of Yaris kicks? No one else has the nuts to do kicks like me.
![]() He he...J/K D!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1375 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
tell us a little bit why you went from a pair of L8 down to L6SE? I know down size sometimes it's good. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1376 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Well, the L8SE's are massive. I'd say they're suited more for the space available in a truck versus a sub compact like ours. Take for example:
![]() ![]() versus ![]() Why? Isn't there no replacement for displacement? Yes and no. In this case, I would be starving the L8SE's for airspace. It would be like putting a turbocharger on our engine without upgrading the injectors. More air needs more fuel. Recall that both these speakers like to run IB. Well, I'm closer to an IB setup with the L6SE given that I'm in the same general airspace perhaps a little bigger with the smaller speaker and the same "vent" through the bottom. I do lose 1 mm of Xmax and the cone area. But really? I have HUGE power available. More power than I'll ever need. Working with that logic, I'm interested to hear these things sing here in a couple weeks.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine Last edited by sqcomp; 07-15-2011 at 08:40 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1377 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Oh...we got the rack frame up:
![]() ![]() I know it doesn't look like much, but that board is the space of just the two amplifiers. RAWR!!!!! The S4b will be on the cabin side of that framed board. ![]() The Bit One will be under the passenger's seat in a little protective cover. Tonight I'll be heading to the shop to start fleecing for the sub enclosure and carpeting the amp board. Hopefully I'll be able to start the cover for the Bit One as well.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1378 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
On the passengers side... how are you venting the L6SE's? to the floor like on Pilot's side? or in that vertical cavity towards the wheel well? D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1379 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
I'm venting them the same way as the driver's side. We do have the option of also using the vertical cavity as well. If I feel that my mid bass is choking, I'll open up the sides.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1380 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I'm so tired of sanding, and the a-pillars don't even look close to finish )o:
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1381 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Pics...
...and yes, that mid-pillar burn out will happen. You think mine just appeared "perfect"? Feel my sacrifice and sanding pain. :) Why do you think a good shop wil charge so much for custom work like that? Time, time, and more time.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1382 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
|
D, and when your done, and their in you'll say, F yes! I did that! and when people ask who did them for you or if you did them yourself, your gonna be so proud.Its worth it in the end.......just getting to the end that sucks,lol
Bet.....when there in and set up you get this giddy little sentimental chuckle inside.... |
|
|
|
|
|
#1383 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
^ I'll second that! This is YOUR work. This is something YOU should feel proud of. If you need help, let me know. I'd say send the pillars to me and I'd finish them...BUT...they need to be YOUR pillars.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1384 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
![]() ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1385 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Thanks guys!
I'm sure going to feel proud and sore! jeje Here is something I don't need to sand! AKA 175watts x 2 for my L6's ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1386 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I started with the soft filler that I used on the spheres to cover the really small uneven surfaces, tomorrow I suspect more sanding...
(o: D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |