Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #1441
sickpuppy1
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 871
Wow! That sounds very intense! I already have several questions, But I'll wait till the build starts,lol
Duh, yeah, that does make sense doesnt it. Dericks photos in dericks post........
__________________
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #1442
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I say ask away regardless of what and where the build is...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #1443
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
D! Those pillars are secksi!

Thanks!


Just click on the links:

LINK 1

LINK 2


I'm sorry quality is so bad )o: but give you an idea of the a-pillars !

(o:
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #1444
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Exclamation

Next weekend for New-England enthusiasts!!!

Northeast Mega-Meet-Saturday and Sunday August 13th & 14th 2011 in Oakham Ma

LINK for more info.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #1445
Lil Abner
 
Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
D! Those pillars are secksi!

Here's something fun for you:



It isn't an accurate representation of the actual sound. The vocals are NOT echoey inside the car at all. That is the mono mic on the camera reacting to the two sides' wavelengths and all the reflections in the vehicle. There is actually bass as well, you can sort of hear the sound fade in and out...that's the bass hitting and overloading the little handheld camera mic. You also don't get left and right separation and at the end with that explosion, on this camera, you hear almost a digital report...it's the camera and NOT the system. Also, the background noise (hiss)? That's the camera as well. The only noise one could maybe remotely hear *might* be the CD transport. Other than that, the system is dead quiet in person.

I also kept the lights off so that you wouldn't see anything to distract you. It's just the IASCA SQ judge in me not wanting to bias anyone.
That opener sounds like the opener on the TELARC Time Warp CD. What other tracks are they currently using?
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #1446
Lil Abner
 
Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
And the pictures... (sorry I didn't have my SLR so point and shoot for now)

Awesome pillars!!
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #1447
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
@ Lil - That's Don Dorsey's, "Ascent". I do believe it is on the Time Warp CD...I have it in my car.

I'll get the track listing soon. You'll have to excuse my succinct answers...I was told by my chain of command today that I'd be attending the Soldier of the Year board for our Brigade. I have 13 hours until I go in front of the board.

I'm a little miffed. less than 24 hours to prep for the SOtY board. Great. Everyone else knew over a month ago...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #1448
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
You'll have to excuse my succinct answers...I was told by my chain of command today that I'd be attending the Soldier of the Year board for our Brigade. I have 13 hours until I go in front of the board.

I'm a little miffed. less than 24 hours to prep for the SOtY board. Great. Everyone else knew over a month ago...
AWESOME!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:45 AM   #1449
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Smile

I was searching for some photos and I found this... good memories!





13 years ago, I did have a small idea...

10" woofer in a band pass box for lows

2 8" woofers in sealed boxes for midbass

3.5" Mids

and Tweeters not shown...

Even a year ago I had no idea about Time Alignment, Image, etc



"what a difference"



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #1450
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Abner View Post
Awesome pillars!!
Thanks Lil Abner!

I feel proud of my self! the more I stare at them,,, the more I can't believe I did them!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #1451
Lil Abner
 
Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I'll get the track listing soon. You'll have to excuse my succinct answers...I was told by my chain of command today that I'd be attending the Soldier of the Year board for our Brigade. I have 13 hours until I go in front of the board.

I'm a little miffed. less than 24 hours to prep for the SOtY board. Great. Everyone else knew over a month ago...
Yeah, that's awesome man!
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #1452
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
@ D - you know that you always have me out on the other coast for ideas. I want to help in your quest for great sound.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #1453
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
@ D - you know that you always have me out on the other coast for ideas. I want to help in your quest for great sound.
Thanks my friend!

I know I have a very good SQfriend!

this is only the beginning.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:18 AM   #1454
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
2 a.m. and I just finished installing the IDQ700.2

It's working, turn on and I get music from my 6.5 inch Hifonic Zeus components. (if these sound good, I can't wait to put the HAT L6s)

I can't tell how loud they play now, everybody sleeping, just got it to volume 1, to make sure it's working.

We'll see tomorrow.







(o:

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #1455
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Why I didn't get this Amp before!!!



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #1456
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
simple answer...

Because you didn't know about it AND you didn't want to afford it.

Truth.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:44 AM   #1457
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
simple answer...

Because you didn't know about it AND you didn't want to afford it.

Truth.
I agree, I'm not going to disagree with that,

it's just fantastic!

Now, let's try to put the L6's in the doors and see what happens!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #1458
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
The important thing is to keep asking questions.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.