Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
ZippoYaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 5-Door HB
I am looking for a roof/ski rack, help?

I have a 2007 4 Door lift back LE. Does anyone have or know where to buy a good roof rack? Thanks.

Clay
ZippoYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Any Yakima or Thule distributer, or Toyota dealership.

I really don't know what kind of question you are asking....
Old 11-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
ZippoYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Any Yakima or Thule distributer, or Toyota dealership.

I really don't know what kind of question you are asking....
I would like to know which is best? Also what the price might be? I tried to google for info but didn't see for a 2007 Yaris 4-door lift back. I need to carry 3 pairs of cross country skis and want a good roof rack.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Kaykogi

Drives: 2009 Barcelona Red Sedan
I have a Yakima Q tower rack system with big powderhound ski mounts on my 09 sedan. (The big powderhoud can hold 4 snowboards and 6 pairs of skis, if I remember correctly.) They work great. They also make a low profile version of the mounts and aerodynamic rack systems. I have a friend who has Thule ski mounts and loves them, so it really comes down to looks when you're choosing between the mounts.
I'm pretty sure both companies make clips for the 07 LB, but it's pretty easy to check. Just go to their respective sites. Yakima has a fit tool and I believe Thule does as well, just enter make, model and year and it tells you everything you need.
Kaykogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
ZippoYaris

Thanks for the replies. I am guessing it will be close to $600CAD by the time you get a base rack and the ski rack option. Not sure if I want to spend that much right now. I hope someone will have a used rack somewhere. :D
Old 11-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
403RS
#yyc

Drives: BSP '07 RS 5dr LB
If you're only using it for skis, and don't want to break the bank, then there's another option:

SportRack SX-11

I picked one up for $100 from a local ski shop, mounting it after the clearcoat on my stickerbomb job dries.
403RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
ZippoYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 403RS View Post
If you're only using it for skis, and don't want to break the bank, then there's another option:

SportRack SX-11

I picked one up for $100 from a local ski shop, mounting it after the clearcoat on my stickerbomb job dries.

That is a cool, I am not sure if I will just use it for skis. It seems once you get a rack you wanna use it for other things too. Thanks for the info. It is a money saver option for sure. :)
Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
Kaykogi

Drives: 2009 Barcelona Red Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoYaris View Post
That is a cool, I am not sure if I will just use it for skis. It seems once you get a rack you wanna use it for other things too. Thanks for the info. It is a money saver option for sure. :)
This is definitely true. I have bike mounts on my rack during the summer and then switch to the snowboard carriers in the winter. I'm also planning on getting a gear box or cage thing. Once you have the base rack system you can get a bunch of different attachments for different uses. It's pretty great.
Kaykogi is offline   Reply With Quote