![]() |
|
|
|
#1873 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I told the doctor that my new job required me to have almost perfect hearing, it was done with some electronic machines and headphones, he played many frequencies and I was told to rise my hand every time I heard something. According to him I was good for the job. What ever that means. LOL
That was almost 2 years ago, I'm going to do another soon, I guess my ears are more prepared this time since we kind of train our ears trying to improve our SQ systems. D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1874 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Last year I went to a meet from DIYMA members a couple of SPL guys asked me to sit in their cars, I said yes of course!
they sat me in the passengers side (ok, no SQ or front stage here) then one of them turn on the car and accelerated a little bit (in my mind... trouble here he probably needs a big 3) ... 2 minutes later my ears where making a funny noise Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiii Next time, I told them I was going to wear earplugs Jeje Then I invited them to listen my Yaris, I remember their faces, one of them told me that next time he would build a SQ system, and this was long time ago when I had my Mids in spheres up in the a-pillars, next meet I bet they are going to 3.1416 their pants! Jeje (in a good way, they are good friends) ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1875 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Last week story about my old Pioneer amp!
Some one (bigguy from DIYMA), asked me if I would sell him my x720 amp, I told him "yes" but I was going to plug it in my car just to make sure it was working after a year in the closet. To my surprise the I6SW fell in love with this amp, I guess the extra power was just right. I had people sit in my car and they feel like If I had a 10" woofer in a sealed box, the gain to me with this amp in a positive way is WOW! now feels like a 12" I wrote back to bigguy... I have bad news and good news, the amp is working, but it works so well, that I'm having second thoughts about selling it. I had it for a week now and love it, this week I'm going back to my other amp and feel/test a couple more times. It plays beautiful, goes very low and hits my chest the way I like it! and I know... it doesn't have the performance of a full size 12" woofer, when I compare the I6SW with my IDQ12, (both in front) the I6SW gets thumbs up: 1.- I6SW Hits my chest harder than the IDQ12, and the IDQ12 shackes my car a lot more and the seats too (witch I dislike, after a while it's not nice) and if I put the IDQ12 in the trunk, my seat vibrates even more! 2.- IDQ12+1sf box is too big and blocks my Mids and MidBass, in other words... kills my front stage 3.- This one I like: lets say both feel and perform the same, but with the IDQ12 people can hear me coming down the road, but that doesn't happen with the I6SW - that is a plus for me and the I6SW So for me it's an interesting experience and now I'm thinking... should I get a mono block with about 400-500 watts with a gain control (I really miss that with the x720 since it doesn't comes with that option) and sell the x720 to bigguy? or ... sell my 5 channel PowerBass amp, buy a new 4 channel and keep the x720 (probably that is what bigguy doesn't want to happen) I'm open to suggestions, and Bigguy... what ever I do if I decide to sell the x720 you'll be the first one on my list. It's funny I already have a box and packing material from the post office with a label ready. ![]() ![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1876 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
I've been ruminating on an enclosure idea I'll be looking at tomorrow. I'll fill you in...we may just have a great alternative for sub location...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1877 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1878 | |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
Quote:
So I know y'all are sq guys, so i have a question, i had a old 10" sub putting out maybe 150 watts normally, i have stock everything and only on the really deep long stuff would the lights dim, the problem is the pressure was too much for me and it gave me headaches. Now I get headaches like crazy anyways, but I was wondering if there are any smaller subs that would still bring out the lows enough but not move the air too much. Something smaller with less power that would still be worth taking the time to install. I know there are both 8" and 6" subs out there, i don't know though if any are worth it.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1879 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009 Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Quebec
Posts: 566
|
Is your yaris really 4x4 :O
__________________
Interior:ALL red, black roof Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1880 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
More detail? box sf? amp? where is it located? can't you just lower the gains? D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1881 |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
I was going to suggest the sub I'm using as a temp solution, but you said less intensity...
![]() ![]() ^Yes there's a gap. The slope is at 24dB versus the sub's 36dB. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ^And yet another gap. The tweeters are at a 6dB slope. ![]()
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
#1882 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
SQcomp, tell us a little bit about your new Tweeter install? aiming is very particular and clever...
D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
#1883 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009 Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Quebec
Posts: 566
|
Have pics of your new tweeter install ? Like Derick says details about aiming ? I cam very interested since I'll do 2way+sub...!!
__________________
Interior:ALL red, black roof Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1884 | |
|
Roadrunner Jr.
|
Quote:
![]() Preface: Next time I do this, I'll make these completely out of plastic. This bonding different materials aggravates me to no end because of the different properties between the different substrates. Blah blah blah...anyway... The semi horn loading of these pillars seems to add some width and some definite height that I have only experienced with the pillar mounted setup like my last setup. Being much more on axis, I have a hell of an ability to play these tweeters lower as well as hear more definition from said tweeters versus my last pillar setup. Playing the tweeters lower at this particular location keeps the height way up versus being dragged down by the location of the mids in the kicks. ...that and I HAD to do something different that Derick after all... ![]() It's all really an experiment. Think about the auditory response you get when you cup your hands near your ears. You can hear things differently. I'm simply playing around with the response of the tweeters by doing this. I'm also burning time until I take on my next vehicle project...a 1989 Toyota MR2 with a "lightly modded" 3SGTE from a friend and engine builder in kiwiland...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” ― Thomas Paine |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1885 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Nice work Sq !
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 |
|
|
|
|
|
#1886 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009 Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Quebec
Posts: 566
|
This is so awesome!!! Wish I had your telent
__________________
Interior:ALL red, black roof Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1887 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
i removed it completely a long time ago. It is just too big and old. Just asking to see if you know of any smaller high quality subs.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
|
|
#1888 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
If you don't mind me asking what type of headunit and or front speakers are you currently running ?
__________________
![]() ![]() Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794 Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4 (2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3 |
|
|
|
|
|
#1889 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I can tell you know what you are doing, and it's very clever aiming (your tweeter install) still don't see the Dash Mat? don't you get a bunch of reflections from the windshield? I guess you are using these in your favor to obtain a better width any way! I did try at some point playing my tweeters low but didn't work for me, since my Mids are more set apart from each other than the tweeters (remember I cut into the a-frame to fit the magnet) and have them almost flush and providing a location "as far forward and as far from each other" making the Mids play more like a point source [from 160Hz to 10kHz] my stage width benefits from that, and keeps a good height! about my nose or say a couple of inches above the speedometer cluster, that to me feels very natural. I've been thinking about modifying the left tweeter aiming and position [similar to what I did with the Mids where from my point of view both drivers look the same], by cutting deep into the a-pillar so the tweeter sit as far left as possible, maybe combined with the spheres I had before treating diffractions with the soft curbs. Or some thing like that. I would like you to do a few tests, (I all ready did) and tell me what you get: 1-Playing the track left, center, right mute the tweeters and tell me if your center image shifts slightly to one side, 2-Playing the track left, center, right mute the tweeters and lows, does your center image moves right or left a few inches? 3-Mute the tweeters and play Mids (L4se) all the way up "tweeter less"! D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1890 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
BTW, using sqcomp photo I did an image trying to visualize a front stage, now imagine that this is an hologram and each artist it's playing live music! and you can feel and localize each individual's position in the stage.
![]() D.
__________________
. CLA 250, 4MATIC Last edited by derickveliz2; 04-24-2012 at 12:43 AM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr | goku87 | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 29 | 11-14-2013 12:37 PM |
| 2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 70 | 12-13-2010 07:40 PM |
| Sound deadening | 06vitzRS | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 10 | 05-05-2010 01:51 PM |
| Sedan Door Panel Deadening | sqcomp | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 42 | 06-01-2009 02:47 PM |