Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #2305
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I made an experiment today, I put my old Pioneer Tweeters and tune them until they sounded as good as the others I have!

Just for the record: my tweeters are x-over at 10 kHz so there is not much stress on them, these little puppies do just fine! and...

you know me, I always want to get the most of the knowledge and experience, I'm going to try to get more "Width" taking advantage of the smaller size. I know I may sacrifice "Depth" a little bit... lets see what happens!

Remember...







D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #2306
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'm smiling from ear to ear...

...it's all in the tune...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #2307
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Imma give these a run during the summer. Soon as i get all my fishing gear in order..

Also wanna mess around with some 5.25's in some pvc enclosures on the rear dash. Just to mess a round a bit.






Power Handling: 360W peak per pair (180 watts), RMS: 180W per pair / 90 watts each side
50/50 Wool blend cone delivers smooth, natural sound reproduction
Butyl rubber surround
Pivot point 1" silk dome tweeter for accurate treble
Mounting kit for the tweeter allows the tweeter to focus the sound in the needed direction
Convertible mounting system allows the speakers to be mounted as a separate component system or a coaxial speaker
Rigid tooled basket with a stainless steel finish
Heavy motor structure with protective boot increases the power handling
PBX custom grille included protects your speakers and makes them look great
External 12dB 2-way crossover network
3 ohms impedance
High temperature voice coil
Top-mount depth: 2-1/2"
Sensitivity: 91 dB
Frequency Response: 59 - 20,000 Hz


P.s @Sq do you guys carry any of these ?

__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #2308
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
^ We used to push the Maxxsonics lines (MB Quart) and Powerbass. We're heavy into PPI now and Digital Designs. Being a mouthpiece for the shop, take a look at the PPI P900.4...Since PPI is still absent with their 5 channel, I'm having to use two of these for my left and right amplification (as a 3 channel).

Whatever you choose...let's take some time (you, me and Derick) to make sure you have this tuned as well as you can.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #2309
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Looks like the RMS is under rated. I wouldn't mind trying them out. Depends what kinda price you can get them for. (or you'd be able to sell them to me for )

I'm probably gonna sell off my current 4 channel and my Headunit. Bored with everything already. Prob get a Pioneer Headunit, the one that lets you DJ on it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfH9ZW25tLA


Then the pvc enclosure things are going to be a demo/test project cause i've had a few people ask what they can put in there boats that won't get wet, rust, sound like crap...etc....So imma make a lil sumtin sumtin..Patent Pending haha...But i want that 4 channel to push some 5.25's and a set of Bullet tweeters on the Rear Deck. Looking at some Soundstream with the Tarantula grill.(Just going for looks on that ) Have to make it look hellafied to impress the boaters. I'll deff need some tuning advice, Since Derick has done something similar in the past it'll be nice to get some input. Also a boat is a whole different ball game.

Shoot me a Pm on the prices of that amp. I may start to take offers on my current amp, But i really don't want to get anything started till May or so. Wife will get annoyed if i'm working on more than one project. Loll I'll get the whole " wasting Money" Pep talk. So for right now FIshing !!
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #2310
MyzticZ3r0
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 322
Moved!

Last edited by MyzticZ3r0; 03-09-2013 at 02:57 PM.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #2311
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Bro make a whole new post. And you've come to the right place. SQ may have just the amp for you but in a diff post. Just copy paste it. Whats your budget.
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #2312
MyzticZ3r0
 
Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
Bro make a whole new post. And you've come to the right place. SQ may have just the amp for you but in a diff post. Just copy paste it. Whats your budget.
Thanks s7v7n - should've thought of that from the get-go!
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #2313
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
.

Guys did any body got the WARRANTY ENHANCEMENT NOTICE? for the Front suspension Lower Arm No.2 Bolt






Also, what do you think about this, is it worth?






D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:56 AM   #2314
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Thanks TOLMACH, I forgot to check APPs

Do you have one of these?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #2315
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Derick did that notice come in the Mail ? I haven't gotten one yet.(07 Sedan )
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #2316
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
Derick did that notice come in the Mail ? I haven't gotten one yet.(07 Sedan )
Yes.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #2317
_S7V7N_
 
_S7V7N_'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Texas
Posts: 805
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Looks serious..put it in google and there's been several issues...bolts rust out. And you live where it snows so worse for you...deff get that checked out D.
__________________


Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #2318
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
Looks serious..put it in google and there's been several issues...bolts rust out. And you live where it snows so worse for you...deff get that checked out D.
Yeah!
I'm schedule for tomorrow afternoon,
They say that will be available for a period of 7 years from the vehicles date of first use or 100,000 miles...

Oops I'm at 98,000 miles! right on time.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #2319
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'm trying to catch up to you D! I'm at 94K...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #2320
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent
 
Alien Mantis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
I see

I see you are into PPI now. I was looking at these the other day:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc365c.jpg (121.1 KB, 64 views)
__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs!
Alien Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #2321
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent
 
Alien Mantis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I'm trying to catch up to you D! I'm at 94K...
My `08 is almost at 12k now. Got some Castrol GTX and a oem oil/air filter for it when it gets there!



As much as I like those PPI 3-way components... i'm just not at all enthused about pulling panels again and doing a bunch of rewiring.
I would need an amp to push them, so I would need to buy a 2-channel amp, and then relocate my sub amp to the rear.

Everytime I think about upgrading, I just go for a drive and decide I like it the way it is.

__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs!
Alien Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #2322
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent
 
Alien Mantis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
.

Guys did any body got the WARRANTY ENHANCEMENT NOTICE? for the Front suspension Lower Arm No.2 Bolt
D.
I got one too. I'm not doing anything about it. It's not an issue for me.

__________________
www.sonicelectronix.com for all your mobile audio needs!
Alien Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.