![]() |
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr HB, BRZ Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTA
Posts: 222
|
Who else bought an 86?
Noticed a couple of threads in classified of people parting their Yaris due to a pending FRS/GT86/BRZ arrival... I'm one of them, I pick up my my BRZ Sport Tech on Thursday. Keeping my Yaris though for a winter car.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2012 Yaris SE Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 179
|
Looking to get into an FR-S at the end of the year, but I wish they offered a real white instead of puke white.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: street-legal go-kart Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bowser's castle
Posts: 627
|
dealership had three we looked at while getting repairs done to the yaris. unfortunately, all had options(ie. leather seats) and were just shy of $30k. sexy as hell though!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas!
Posts: 2,799
|
Saw a couple of 'em in Japan back in August, they are nice looking cars...
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Cheers! M2
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Asshole
Drives: 2012 and 2013! Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Your moms house.
Posts: 392
|
Nice car, but the Scion mentality, you need to spend 30% of the car's value to mod it properly!!
__________________
Cheapest DD I could find!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr Join Date: May 2009
Location: columbus
Posts: 1,022
|
I think the op is talking about me :)
Yup , hit a deer on my Yaris. Been owning the car for a little while and now is a good time to change . I test drive the frs and sold .... Will get the car by the end of the month with the 5axis kits on . Reason for me to get the frs is because is cheaper than its twin, and I'll be mod the heck out of it , I even already have a wheel set waiting in the basement before the car :) Not my car , but it'll be the same color and bodykits and 19" work equips |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr Join Date: May 2009
Location: columbus
Posts: 1,022
|
Can't wait :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2002 JDM Vitz 1.3 Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Antigua & Barbuda
Posts: 287
|
I wish I could afford one, these things are mint
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr HB, BRZ Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTA
Posts: 222
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr Join Date: May 2009
Location: columbus
Posts: 1,022
|
Well we can get those trd kits ,headlights and fogs thru an frs vendor , but they're about $2kfor the kit , $2K for the headlights and $700 for the fogs.
I'll be taking delivery of the car in raven, end of this month . R u gonna do any mods on ur brz ? Tan |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr HB, BRZ Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTA
Posts: 222
|
Picked it up today..
Had dealer install Eibach pro-kit and my Wheels prior to delivery. Still need to install the plate relocate on the front. Not much for mods planned, hopefully a Borla exhaust if I can save the pennies.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Form>Function
Drives: 07 Flint Sedan Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tampa
Posts: 4,018
|
That looks like it has a front lip different from the FRS. Is that a subaru only fascia?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,238
|
From all of the big car magazines and professional testers/drivers...the car is considered one of the best handling cars that you can currently buy...from ANY manufacturer.
This car is what sex on wheels looks like
__________________
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr Join Date: May 2009
Location: columbus
Posts: 1,022
|
Yup those are solely brz facia ...
Congrat on the new whip Skurj ! Mine will be here in a week or two :( ... Frs tho |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Asshole
Drives: 2012 and 2013! Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Your moms house.
Posts: 392
|
Sorry, theyre wrong, these cars are loosest RWDs I have ever driven.
__________________
Cheapest DD I could find!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr Join Date: May 2009
Location: columbus
Posts: 1,022
|
What do u mean by loosest absolute ?
Do tell pls |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Angus, Ontario
Posts: 1,886
|
Quote:
Have you ever driven a 5.0L mustang (2009) or even a SRT8 Challanger or even a Ford Ranger RWD?
__________________
If it has boobs or wheels sooner or later your gonna have problems with it
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Only Happy When it Rains
|
he means he doesn't know how to drive.
![]() Seriously though, oversteer. The car was designed not to be another flaky under steering piece of garbage. So some people who aren't use to cars with actual good suspensions won't like it. It is also why it took about a day for the first one to be crashed by some former honda owning loser.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Just bought a new Yaris | Connoisseur_of_fine_cars | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 46 | 09-10-2011 10:49 AM |
| Bought a Yaris | happywanderer | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 5 | 05-15-2011 05:23 PM |
| I just bought a Yaris Sedan (Yellow) I am going to paint it. Any tips? | Raysi | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 20 | 05-14-2010 10:51 PM |
| Bought a loaded Yaris!!!! | Yariswhite09 | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 08-30-2009 09:36 AM |
| Bought lots from Sparks Toyota... | drdavidr4u | Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) | 4 | 11-21-2006 12:10 PM |