Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #2485
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Brilliant!
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #2486
patm
 
Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: boston
Posts: 62
who cares about scores

Hi sqcomp, how you doin. whats all this commotion over scores. In the end the only score that matters is D's score. who cares what others think (its all subjective any way). D, if you are happy with the sound, then thats all that matters. then you are a winner, first place. Save the money and take the family out. in their eyes you are a winner and thats all that matters.
Now i have to go and figure out how to fly my quad.
patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #2487
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
...I'm doing fine...

There's no flap over the scores per se. Rather the obvious mismanagement of Derick's classification by what would appear to be either inept and/or crooked show officials...on his first competition.

And you're absolutely correct, what they think ultimately is not the issue.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #2488
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Nice to see you Patm, haven't heard from you lately.

I can see how they could play around with classification, there was another guy who was very upset because they put him as amateur and this was his 3rd competition.

BTW... I don't need any trophies I just need more time to enjoy my music (O:

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #2489
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
[B]

BTW... I don't need any trophies I just need more time to enjoy my music (O:

D.
I should edit:

I need a good Microphone and a good RTA software.

I'm going to start learning more about RTA...
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #2490
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
The ears are indeed the only instruments that matter...

...that being said, they can be tricked. Derick, if you're bent on buying an RTA, look for an Audio Control 3055, a Coustic 33 or spring for a term lab. The first two should come with microphones for relatively inexpensively compared to term lab.

The real use for an RTA is level matching over the entire 1/3rd octave range. Phasing would come after that once all levels are matched at the listening position. Once the levels are matched, you'll notice an instant improvement in stage accuracy, width and depth.

Why?

When the level is matched, the sound is reaching the mic at the same time. There's no speaker confusion that throws off the speaker's response to your ears.

We have an RTA at the shop...but it's a bit of a drive for you. :)
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #2491
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
I don't think I can afford a Audio Control 3055 or similar, too much money.

I was thinking on something like TruRTA and a $50 mic

How was your trip to W.D.C.?

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #2492
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLMACH View Post
Do not rely on this sort of stuff too much. Your ears and your preferences are your primary instruments ))
Don't worry, most of my install is just about personal pleasure and just in case my ears are bad, everything is around them and how I like it.


Just to add, now that I have a huge library of SQ Music, I've been nailing down lots of issues I had, or thought I had. Specially in the 30Hz to 200Hz zone.


But still would like the graphic interpretation of what should I be hearing.

This is the never ending story... hey! I forgot... I really would like to try 2 subs up front!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #2493
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
My trip to DC...overall, it was great.

The more solemn experience:



__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #2494
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
My trip to DC...overall, it was great.

The more solemn experience
Awesome, that's a beautiful place!

Thanks for the advice about Beaming!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #2495
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Today's picture at home... after a 185 miles commute:



D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #2496
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
What's the next step for you regarding the system? The dual sub attempt?
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #2497
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
What's the next step for you regarding the system? The dual sub attempt?
Yes, I'm getting ready for that.

Just so I can say... I did it!

but I would like to do the RTA before the second sub

I also need to redo my a-pillars I don't like the way they came out last time.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #2498
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
See, I told you I got 3rd (Last) from only 3... J jj







D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #2499
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Steve Stern couldn't even spell Julian Ridi's name correctly...

*sigh*

I should send you my a pillars and my tweeter pods so you can play with them...
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #2500
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Steve Stern couldn't even spell Julian Ridi's name correctly...

*sigh*

I should send you my a pillars and my tweeter pods so you can play with them...
Yeah, and I'm from Nasachusetts!

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #2501
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.
 
sqcomp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back at home
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Some might say I'm trolling the topic but what I point out validates the lack of professionalism that should be at the forefront of the sport if they want it to grow.

The lack of proper judging, the lack of timely scoring, the lack of proper event result reporting...

...and yes, I can and have done better hosting my own shows.
__________________
“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine

Last edited by sqcomp; 05-24-2013 at 10:54 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #2502
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Too quiet around here, Yaris is blasting! just went by 105,300 miles and still getting 42.2 MPG average.

You just can't believe what I'm after in the little Yaris, call me crazy but it's there I can hear the issue.

Sorry I've been very busy at work(s) but I'm still alive and 100% Yarisworld Enthusiast by Heart.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2007 Yaris S Sound Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 70 12-13-2010 07:40 PM
Sound deadening 06vitzRS General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 10 05-05-2010 01:51 PM
Sedan Door Panel Deadening sqcomp In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 42 06-01-2009 02:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.