Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
toyotayaris08

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris (base)
Just bought 2008 Yaris,performance questions

Looking into some performance parts for yaris. already eyeing some rims (14 inch might go up to 16) just wondering if anyone has recommendation on tire size for best traction. Although not an issue right now hopefully it will be in the future. Also if anyone could give me a rough estimate on how much the rotrex turbo's go for found the website but can not navigate due to it not having much English. also if anyone ran into any issues after installing the turbo. Thanks guys and girls.
toyotayaris08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
Traction is a funny one and there are many things you can do to help this out. Realize that everything costs money. If you really wanted to go nuts with the traction, you can get an LSD for the trans along with meatier tires. I would also recomend stiffer springs.

The turbo seems to have so much more to do with the tune than anything (at least from what I have seen). Also, do some research and know what you are getting into. It seems that there is a hard limit of 9-10psi on these motors without going internal. The connecting rods seem to be the weak link.

That being said, there are quite a few turbo guys running 8psi and seeing ~175-180hp at the tires. There are a few others that have went internal and are running much more boost (highest I have heard was 32psi) and making crazy numbers.

Many guys on here run the zage turbo and I am not sure how that lines up with the rotex but there is a guy that sells them that is a supporting vendor of this site. He has all sorts of other things for the yaris as well. I stick with NA myself but there is a huge boosted community here. hopefully you will find all this helpful.

the guy's name is Garm and he goes by the screen name (Caliyaris). His website is (www.microimageonline.com). I have spent way too much money over there (most of us have)
Old 01-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
toyotayaris08

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris (base)
awesome thanks for all the info, also no rpm gauge? Is it terribly difficult to add one. I was thinking of taking the hidden compartment in front of the steering wheel cutting out molding with fiberglass and trying to run it there. if its not a total pain in the dick.
toyotayaris08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotayaris08 View Post
awesome thanks for all the info, also no rpm gauge? Is it terribly difficult to add one.
Have a look through this thread. Then come back with questions.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...nstalling+tack