![]() |
|
|
|
#14 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 black yaris Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: savannah, ga
Posts: 2,867
|
Quote:
Also what Fnkngrv is saying about people not sharing their builds is really quite dissapointing. In the microimageonline.com threads, people have been very open about thier motor swaps, 4agze and the 2zrfe. Both successful swaps and both have extensive build threads on the pain and frustrations that come along with them. I have only seen pictures of other swaps, but nothing about how it was done or what was and wasn't compatable. Even a couple people have tried to contact those and they never respond back or give vague answers about the shop did all the work. Like he said, when ever I see a thread about an engine swap and how it could be done because that person has connections, experience, or time to do it, I just shrug my shoulders and will believe it when I see it. you are looking for 250whp which can be done easily for under 5k, turbo kit, engine management, gauges, some beefier rods and lower comp pistons if you do it yourself which you say you can. I don't see how this is cheaper than just swapping a B series motor into a yaris. I hope I get proven wrong. I really do. I would love to see it and the progress that is made, but I wont hold my breathe. Too many time has this been a fart in the wind
__________________
-Derrick- "Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing... It's life. Anything that happens before or after, is just waiting." |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| FS : Sedan (2008) Stock airbox + stock suspension | Slitwrist Smile | Items for Sale by private party | 16 | 06-03-2011 11:36 PM |
| A few stock parts | kac | Items for Sale by private party | 14 | 10-05-2009 04:37 PM |
| STOCK SEATS OUT OF HB / stock tires/rims | mrrock | Items for Sale by private party | 19 | 08-19-2009 04:56 PM |
| lots of stock parts 2007 yaris h/b and some after market parts | laszlo | Items for Sale by private party | 19 | 05-17-2009 04:19 PM |
| Stock Parts for Trade! | Yarice | Items for Sale by private party | 0 | 04-17-2009 10:23 PM |