Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
kimona
Super Moderator
 
kimona's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari5Love View Post
Quick question thinking about buying some wheels but wasn't sure if they would fit my 08'Liftback the wheels are 4x100 bolt pattern&13x7 with a 15 offset anyone know if they'll fit without making any adjustments to the car? my car isnt lowered or anything just stock. please no flaming just a question I need answered. thanks
Quick answer: No, they won't fit.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:45 AM   #2
Yari5Love
 
Drives: 08 Polar White LB
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oakland,CA
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Quick answer: No, they won't fit.
Thank You!!!
Yari5Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
piranha0522
 
Drives: '06 Yaris
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rockwood/Guelph Canada
Posts: 33
hmm..would this fit ok?

So I found a nice set of rims in my area.
They are 16" 4 bolt with tires 205, 45, 16. These would fit fine right?
I have an '06 5dr liftback.

What does everyone mean when they say offset? I still haven't figured that out.

Thanks!
piranha0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #4
RedRide
 
RedRide's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Middletown, NY
Posts: 1,502
Offset explained:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #5
ilikerice
 
ilikerice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 black yaris
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: savannah, ga
Posts: 2,867
also bolt pattern. make sure they are 4x100.
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #6
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro
 
Drives: '09 Tacoma | '90 Tercel
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Monroe, NJ
Posts: 148
Just a quickie here, can going from factory size (180-60-15) to a slightly taller sidewall (185-65-15) be afforded without rubbing?

Last edited by Midnight Drifter; 03-03-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Midnight Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
kimona
Super Moderator
 
kimona's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
Just a quickie here, can going from factory size (180-60-15) to a slightly taller sidewall (185-65-15) be afforded without rubbing?
You should be fine with 185/65/15's. Post a pic if you decide to go that way.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro
 
Drives: '09 Tacoma | '90 Tercel
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Monroe, NJ
Posts: 148
Will do, the tires I have in mind have a very unique feature to them. Won't see any pictures for months though, still gotta wear out the stocks. ;)
Midnight Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #9
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
Will do, the tires I have in mind have a very unique feature to them. Won't see any pictures for months though, still gotta wear out the stocks. ;)
Tell us please!


(o:
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #10
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro
 
Drives: '09 Tacoma | '90 Tercel
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Monroe, NJ
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Tell us please!


(o:
You'll just have to see it when it's time to change my tires :)
Midnight Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
glhsracer
 
Drives: 2008 Sedan MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rural Michigan
Posts: 15
Great thread, lots of good information. I have an 08 Yaris Sedan, I believe it has 185-50-15, car is not here so I can't walk out to check. I have a new set of 205-50-15 in my garage, do you think these would these be too much for the Yaris? I think it would look better with a little more tire but don't want to get too carried away. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Glhsracer
glhsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by glhsracer View Post
Great thread, lots of good information. I have an 08 Yaris Sedan, I believe it has 185-50-15, car is not here so I can't walk out to check. I have a new set of 205-50-15 in my garage, do you think these would these be too much for the Yaris? I think it would look better with a little more tire but don't want to get too carried away. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.
Glhsracer
In winter I run with 205/50/15, they look great if your car is lowered, performance is awesome. The Diameter is less than OEM (smaller tire) speedometer will read about 3% faster than actual.

D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #13
derickveliz2
 
derickveliz2's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central, MA
Posts: 2,722
FYI....

My snow tires didn't like the negative camber )o: on rear end.


D.
__________________
. My system may not blow your ears, but it will sweeten your senses.
CLA 250, 4MATIC
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
SKurj
 
Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr HB, BRZ
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GTA
Posts: 222
Ok would like to know which offset you would recommend... Looking at a 2008, 3 dr with Tein springs, Kosei 17x7 with 205 40 17, the rims come in 2 offsets, 38 and 42. Which would be the wiser choice?

Thanks
SKurj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #15
kimona
Super Moderator
 
kimona's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKurj View Post
Ok would like to know which offset you would recommend... Looking at a 2008, 3 dr with Tein springs, Kosei 17x7 with 205 40 17, the rims come in 2 offsets, 38 and 42. Which would be the wiser choice?

Thanks
I would recommend ET42. With the drop and 205mm rubber, ET42 works best up front.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #16
Murtaza_murti
 
Drives: Toyota Belta
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Karachi,Pakistan
Posts: 83
How much would my Belta's fuel consumption be affected by adding 185/65/R15 after the stock 165/70/R14.

Last edited by Murtaza_murti; 04-13-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Murtaza_murti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #17
MitchReeves2967
 
Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 15
I don't understand what this stuff means. I'm not the most knowledgable about this stuff.
MitchReeves2967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #18
kimona
Super Moderator
 
kimona's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchReeves2967 View Post
I don't understand what this stuff means. I'm not the most knowledgable about this stuff.
What information are you looking for?
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamago's guide to ultimate yaris handling Tamago Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 99 01-25-2026 12:51 PM
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 9 06-06-2017 12:51 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.