Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-03-2016, 02:32 AM   #1
DavidosMalta

Drives: Nissan Micra 95
Buying a Vitz or a Mazda Demio

Hello everyone hope everyone is fine :). I know this is a vitz/yaris forum but I am going to post it anyway.

My girlfriend is looking to buy her first car and she is interested in imported second hand Japanese cars. Her favorites are the Demio (2nd generation facelift) and the Vitz (2nd generation facelift also). However, she is still undecided for the fact they both great cars.

Is the anyone who drove or owned a Mazda Demio before? Bdw, she wants a 1.3 engine vitz or demio. Is the economy of both cars the same or the vitz 1.3 is more economical?

What is your opinion please? Thanks :)
DavidosMalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:02 AM   #2
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
I think it really depends on what she plans on using the car for.

Fuel economy is more or less the same with both cars, and performance is also very similar. Mechanically, both vehicles are reliable. The Vitz more so I believe, but hey, I've been wrong before.

If it came down to it, my choice would be the Vitz. This is mainly because, during my test drive of the 3rd generation Demio (2nd gen isn't available in N.America unfortunately) I found the backseat passenger space far too small as compared to the Vitz.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #3
DavidosMalta

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader166 View Post
I think it really depends on what she plans on using the car for.

Fuel economy is more or less the same with both cars, and performance is also very similar. Mechanically, both vehicles are reliable. The Vitz more so I believe, but hey, I've been wrong before.

If it came down to it, my choice would be the Vitz. This is mainly because, during my test drive of the 3rd generation Demio (2nd gen isn't available in N.America unfortunately) I found the backseat passenger space far too small as compared to the Vitz.
Thanks invader :). I hope to see more opinions here from other users.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:46 PM   #4
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
go with a 2nd gen yaris/vitz. the 2nd gen demio looks relatively dated.

besides, i drove the 3rd gen demio before and the 2nd gen yaris, and while the 3rd gen was my choice in so far as ride sportiness goes, at 300+ km there was a knocking sound under the chassis--so i went with the yaris/yaris sedan (i eventually went with the sedan).

on 2nd thought, check both out and do the "women's instinct" thing. :)
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:21 AM   #5
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Both are good cars. They will be more or less equally reliable and cheap to run. Driving wise, the Vitz handles better. Demio has a bit more headroom but looks more ordinary when compared to Vitz interior.

Bottomline: Want bit more space? -> Demio
Better drive and interior? -> Vitz

But that's just my opinion
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:42 AM   #6
DavidosMalta

Thanks everyone :). She bought a 2ng gen facelift 1.0ltr Vitz :). A pleasant car to drive and very economic. For myself, I may in future buy the 1.3 ltr 2nd gen or 3rd gen if prices of the latter continue to fall down.

Tags
"buying"