Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-20-2017, 04:39 AM   #1
Jshane91

Drives: Toyota Yaris(vitz) 1kr-fe
Rattling Engine, Rev problems

Good day friends, I have a 2007 KSP90 vitz with the 1kr-fe engine and an automatic transmission. My Problem:I recently replaced the oil pump and did a full service, my car is approximately 96k km on the clock. The car starts but only idles when cold. When it warms up it cut offs the engine. You can only hold idle by gently pressing the accelerator. When you rev the engine, it rattles and the engine starts shaking excessively. The orange engine warning light shows up and flickers. The car drives but does not want to increase revs and speed. Please help as this is my only source of transport and I really love the car and don't want to replace or sell. Thanks alot in advance.
Jshane91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Why did you replace the oil pump? What was your oil pressure before and after?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #3
B.B._07

Drives: 07 5dr
A flashing check engine light means a misfire. Get a code reader or go to a shop and you can go forward once you know the code. If it's happening right after changing the oil pump check that everything has been put back together properly. Check that all the coils are connected and in good shape, and check any sensors that might have been disconnected when changing the oil pump.
B.B._07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #4
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
i'm thinking it's a problem with timing since the oil pump was changed... that would be my first guess....
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #5
Jshane91

Drives: Toyota Yaris(vitz) 1kr-fe
Well the timing is 100% percent correct and on the marks. The oil pump didn't function properly thus the replacement. I think it has to do with one of the sensors. I notice the main sensor (at the back of engine connecting to the camshafts and chain) might be the problem. I recently realized that the engine cuts off power when you unplug any sensor switch but this specific sensor doesn't cut off power if you remove the plug. Any ideas why? or should it be like that? or is the sensor not working properly? Thank you for your response guys, helps alot.
Jshane91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
Motzking1

Drives: 47 2013 yaris l hatchbacks
I'm guessing your removing the crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor. Not sure by your explanation. But they are necessary to the computer to know if you have a misfire. So if you have a catalyst damaging misfire removing one of the sensors would make it impossble for the computer to know the rotation of the crankshaft hand or camshaft position therefore making it unable to set a misfire code.
Back up a few steps and do what B.B._07 says. Put on the scanner. Clear the codes. And start from the beginning. Start the car. When the light flashes turn it off and check the codes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Motzking1 is offline   Reply With Quote