![]() |
|
|
|
#289 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
Drove a 2018 Subaru Impreza hatchback this weekend. First time I've ever driven a Subaru. Glad I did. Awesome car in every way!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#290 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona (USA)
Posts: 1,058
|
Quote:
I'm seriously thinking about moving up my next car purchase to Winter 2018. Waiting until the end of 2018 will allow me to see what changes (if any) are in store for the Toyota iM, and then likely select a 2018 or 2019 model depending on styling/feature differences - plus the end of year discounted pricing to clean out inventory is always nice. If I selected a 2018 iM, it would likely be in Barcelona Red Metallic, since a Dark/Falcon grey metallic isn't available. The piano black trim really pops with that deeper burgundy-red color, and the taillights blend nicely with it. I find it really odd that it is the least popular color on the iM. The runner-up, if I changed my mind on the iM for some reason, would probably be a 2018/2019 Black (stealth-styling ) Yaris SE - which I would have dealership swap wheels with my 2015 SE as conditions of the purchase, and transfer over the TRD rear sway bar also. We will see.
Last edited by Kalispel; 12-11-2017 at 07:44 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#291 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2009 Yaris 4DR Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 99
|
I'm planning on getting the newest (used) BMW Alpina B7 I can afford when ever I decide to buy a newer car.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#292 | |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
Quote:
The new sheet metal design makes sense form any angle. The front grille, headlights, and fog lights, though conservative, are very handsome. And, the tail light configuration is clean and nicely integrated into the body. I'm really impressed with the interior design, roominess, and the quality and feel of the materials. Plus, the front seats are among the most comfortable I've ever experienced; firm and supportive, with excellent lumbar... even in base trim. The drive put all other small hatchbacks to shame; quick, responsive, confident, road hugging, and surprisingly quiet. Seating position, steering wheel adjustment, and visibility are excellent. Needless to say, I loved this car! These are the small hatchbacks I've driven recently: Honda Civic - YUK (I hated this car) Toyota iM - Fair overall (too many things I didn't like) Mazda 3 - Pretty darn good (but cramped/unattractive/cheap interior and noisy) Subaru Impreza - Winner by a mile (couldn't find anything to complain about) If you get a chance, stop by a Subaru dealership and check one out. Test drive if you have the time. I'd be interested how you feel about the car after a close inspection and drive. BTW, there is a promotion that pops up when you visit a Subaru dealership's website: $25 to test drive. When I got home, there was a virtual Visa card sent by email. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#293 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
2017 Subaru Impreza v Mazda3 v Toyota Corolla v Holden Astra Comparison | Drive.com.au
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5dax2i5f0I |
|
|
|
|
|
#294 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona (USA)
Posts: 1,058
|
Quote:
![]() I will definitely be checking out both the Impreza and Crosstrek before making any final decisions late next year. I'm not sure if I like the hatch or sedan better when it comes to the Impreza. I wish they would have stuck with 17" wheels though. Not a fan of the newer trend of 'oversized' wheels & tires on vehicles. It looks somewhat comical, especially when the alloy design is pretty goofy (like with the Impreza, Crosstrek & iM). On the compact iM, I would be tempted to drop to 16" wheels and 50 series tires instead of 45, since it is really only slightly larger than a Yaris, overall. Last edited by Kalispel; 12-11-2017 at 10:03 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#295 | |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
Quote:
The Impreza is available in 4 trims: Base: 16x6.5 steel wheels (205/55/16) Premium: 16x6.5 alloys (205/55/16) Limited: 17x7 alloys (205/50/17) Sport: 18x7.5 alloys (225/40/18) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#296 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona (USA)
Posts: 1,058
|
I checked out my first Toyota iM in-person today at the dealership while waiting for my oil change & tire rotation. They had a single Barcelona Red Metallic one on the lot. It's a much better looking and feeling car in person than the pictures or videos online give it credit for - especially in that gorgeous color w/all the black piano trim. The loads of white and silver iM's they had didn't look half as good to me. This particular dealership tints all their new cars (Ughh.) and I noticed that every one of them had very noticeable tinting flaws on the back window portion in the same spots. Not sure if that is a difficult window to tint without air seams around the edges or what. I know that I would never buy a dealer-tinted car, because I prefer to pick my own tinting shop and quality brand/grade of tint to install. I still haven't test drove one yet, due to time limitations, so that is something for down the road. I'm still not trusting of CVT quality over the long-term, even on a Toyota, and would probably be tempted to go manual transmission once again if I went with an iM. Seems like I read about a lot of premature failure issues with CVT's across all auto brands, even on the latest Toyota Corolla - which uses the same CVT as the iM if I am not mistaken.
I also checked out the lone 2018 Yaris (L) they had on the lot, sitting next to the dozen or so iM's they had. Hated the horribly cheap look of the new taillights and the weird position they sit relative to the rest of the car design. The front of the L model actually looks better (to me) than the front of the 2015-2017 L model though. I'm definitely crossing the 2018 version Yaris off my list now, just for those awful awful low-rent taillights, if nothing else. It's mind boggling how the 2018 Yaris SE and iM can be at virtually the same price point, when the iM is such a nicer, refined, better-equipped car (and still made in Japan!). I somewhat expect comparable Subaru Impreza models to be a more-deluxe car than the iM, overall, since the Sport & Limited trims are anywhere between $3-5K higher in price. I will probably go check them & the Crosstrek out sometime early next year, and get around to test driving an iM in both manual & CVT. I've read rumors that the next-gen 'global platform' iM/Auris (2019?) and Corolla (2020?) will have BMW engines, and I'm not sure I like that, even if they are more 'modern' and powerful. BMW isn't exactly known to be reliable and trouble free. I also read that the next-gen iM/Auris will no longer be built in Japan - I think they are setting up NA production for Mexico. Again, not very thrilled with that prospect at all, and won't buy any car built there. Last edited by Kalispel; 12-12-2017 at 01:46 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#297 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
#WRX_STi
|
|
|
|
|
|
#298 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2016 Yaris 3 Dr Super White Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: SoFloYo
Posts: 259
|
I’ll just leave this here...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#299 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
^^^ IMHO, wicked UGLY lower front end!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#300 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
^^^ NICE! Wheels and tyres look good.
Is that Mitsubishi emblem removable without leaving holes? |
|
|
|
|
|
#301 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
+1
![]() Looks really good from the pic. Love the color; is it OEM? |
|
|
|
|
|
#302 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
|
Mirage looking good with those tires . How's the gas mileage ? Few weeks ago we test drove a '17 G4 with the C.V.T.. Managed to get 40 during the drive with 2 of us and temps hovering around 35 . Car kept up fine on the interstate . The steering wheel seemed off . Had a tendency to go to the right when wheel was level ( possible low tire pressure ? ) . They're known for poor alignment and to much play in the steering from the factory . The car was under $13,000 . Have you been to the MIRAGE / G4 owners site ? If not , http://mirageforum.com/index.php
|
|
|
|
|
|
#303 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
Actually, the Crosstrek was the car I wanted to check-out when I initially went to the Subaru dealership. However, when I sat in it, I immediately discovered that the seat was uncomfortable and had no lumbar support whatsoever... so I passed on it without a test-drive.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#304 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona (USA)
Posts: 1,058
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#305 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: toyota yaris yrs Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 642
|
![]() LDV G10. You probably don't know what this is, it's a UK brand Leyland brought by SAIC the biggest Chinese car company. I've seen a few of these in Australia and it is a good looker.Believe it or not AUSTRLAIANS ARE buying these Chinese cars.Money talks for the price you get a lot. I don't want to be part of the normal car scene. I want something i can sleep in on long drives, have loads of room to put stuff in and not worry about not having room LOL. There's a few Chinese brands here now as well. LDV, FOTON, HAVAL and GREAT WALL MOTORS. I don't know about America but Astrayans are buying them. OK some Chinese car manufacturers have come here some didn't survive like Chery and Geely. But these new ones are strong contenders. ![]() I also want an NC Mita RWD fun sportscar. |
|
|
|
|
|
#306 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '08 Yaris LB Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 328
|
Quote:
I saw them on Vacation in Mexico and thought it was a nifty little car. We don't get such convenient practical cars here in Canada. If you want a third row you have to go all the way up to a Sienna Minivan or full size SUV with a monster engine. |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| ImportRacer88's Photo Scavenger Hunt | ImportRacer88 | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 8 | 02-28-2012 04:19 AM |
| Car Buying Scams | nemelek | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 1 | 09-29-2011 08:01 PM |
| Jerkratt - Photo Scavenger Hunt | Jerkratt | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 3 | 03-04-2009 09:03 AM |
| Darb - Photo Scavenger Hunt | Darb | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 3 | 03-01-2009 09:02 PM |