![]() |
|
|
|
#217 |
![]() Drives: 08 Yaris 3dr Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Sun Valley, NV
Posts: 34
|
Bought my Yaris last year with just over 70k miles on it. Currently at 83k miles.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#218 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2014 Yaris SE Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,082
|
83<100
|
|
|
|
|
|
#219 |
![]() Drives: 2007 THREE DOOR 5 SPEED Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: HOUSTON
Posts: 33
|
Just made 250k. Drives just like it did when I bought new. People don’t believe me when I tell them I’ve only replaced the brake pads one time since I’ve owned it. I’m torn between my Yaris and my 2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor as to which one is the greatest car ever built.
Gotta love it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#220 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 542
|
Good job, mark293! Hoping to drive my Yaris another 20 or so years. I'm at about 105,000 miles.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#221 |
|
3 Yaris and counting..
Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 673
|
What's 366,000km worth? That's where my lift-mobile is at
__________________
No one suspects the Yaris. Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427 Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577 |
|
|
|
|
|
#222 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Carmine Red hatchback Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado
Posts: 208
|
Quote:
So here I am checking in at 200K miles! This quote is from July 2014 and I still haven't done much to this car....just basic maintenance. It still has the original brakes! I am about to re-do the pads, rotors, drums & shoes, although I think I can go another 25K miles on the originals. Aside from spark plugs and a coolant flush & fill, the engine is 100% original (including the water pump & alternator!). Runs like a champ! ![]() The worst thing about my car is the clear coat has completely failed on the roof, upper doors, hatch & rear quarter panels. That and a decade worth of door dings, parking lot mishaps and the occasional racoon strike. Mechanically it runs as well as it did when I bought her 10+ years ago. I went several years without driving it much...about 5 years of to & from the airport (40 miles/week). Now I'm doing 900 miles a week, so 300K miles shouldn't take nearly as long as 100K or 200K did. See you then.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#223 |
![]() Drives: 2007 THREE DOOR 5 SPEED Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: HOUSTON
Posts: 33
|
^^^^This. No excuse for such poor quality paint in an otherwise indestructible car.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#224 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: No longer own a yaris :( Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ashland, VA
Posts: 679
|
My paint has done the same, but it happened very much all of a sudden.
__________________
I'm a hermit named Lee |
|
|
|
|
|
#225 |
|
I've made a post!
Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan AT Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1
|
At 143000 miles on 2012 Yaris Sedan. Dealership recommends me to replace the throttle body and flush the brake lines. What are your thoughts? Also they said that I have a timing cover leakage, which when I dont see any obvious leak. Anyone with the same experience?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#226 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Charcoal 2012 Yaris SE 5 Speed Join Date: May 2016
Location: Smithfield, VA
Posts: 150
|
Definitely wouldn’t see a reason to replace the throttle body. Brake fluid can get moisture in it, but if you don’t have issues with the car stopping I would decline that also.
It’s possible you could have a water pump failing, but I wouldn’t trust a dealer that said to replace a throttle body. I’ve personally never seen one fail on any car. |
|
|
|
|
|
#227 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Posts: 211
|
I am at 99,800 miles on my 2012, so I am fast approaching membership in this exclusive club. Do we get tee shirts or something? ;-)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#228 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 390
|
Quote:
I change my brake fluid and flush my lines every 2 years/40,000 miles. You definitely notice a change in the colour of the fluid as you flush the new stuff through. Brake fluid absorbs moisture so it can cause corrosion in your brake system. I think they are having you on with "timing cover leakage" the timing covers are siliconed on at the factory. They are a bitch to get off and very unlikely to be leaking. You could have your front main seal leaking at the camshaft - that you should probably get fixed if it was the front main seal. Or you could have a coolant leak from the water pump. Mine leaks a little but i'm just keeping an eye on it at the moment because its just a drip. I just top up a few drops of coolant when i service the car.
__________________
![]() - Yaris 2006, 1.0, 5 door hatchback "Betty" - 240,000 miles UK to Nordkapp in a Yaris
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#229 |
![]() Drives: 2009 Yaris S Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: California
Posts: 12
|
Both of my Yaris have been well over 100k when I bought them... My 08 was 262k when I sold it, my new 09 Yaris S has 162k on it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#230 |
![]() Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3dr Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Amarillo, Texas
Posts: 23
|
231,000 miles today. 07 Yaris 3dr
|
|
|
|
|
|
#231 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 3dr LB Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SE Mass
Posts: 92
|
168,000 miles on my 2010 manual trans, 3 door hatchback. Had donut gasket and resonator replaced at 128,000, spark plugs, serpentine belt and front brakes/rotors done at 141,000. Full synthetic 5w-30 oil and filter every 5000 miles. Also changed the battery at 7 years because I did not want to push it and have it fail at an inopportune time. By far the best, lowest maintenance vehicle I have ever owned. Bill C
|
|
|
|
|
|
#232 |
![]() Drives: 2007 THREE DOOR 5 SPEED Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: HOUSTON
Posts: 33
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#233 |
|
Small Car Lover
|
oh nice! I have an 09. I just turned over 182k. Running fine considering I'm guessing the previous owners didn't take care of the car too well but it makes due! Somewhat loaded. Power everything (from what it has to offer). While I think the 3 door has a cleaner look the 5 door has served me well! Curious. How is your mileage? Mine isn't bad but it's not great either IMO, I get it's not a hybrid but still should get better. It's around low 30s consistently and I try to be good with driving if I can, and it's summer. My standards are high for sub compacts. Granted not all were created equally.
__________________
You may look good on the beach but in reality you're a pompus, egotistical jerk. "I was never on the beach with you..."and you never will. |
|
|
|
|
|
#234 |
|
Small Car Lover
|
From my understanding they changed from oil based paint to water. So it's thinner but yeah cheap. My car is used so the pain job all over is crapped on. I've given up on it cause it's used! lol. It's all good. As long as it works.
__________________
You may look good on the beach but in reality you're a pompus, egotistical jerk. "I was never on the beach with you..."and you never will. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Mid-West Chapter Micro Image Car Club | lilredrocket | Southwest | 10 | 10-05-2009 01:06 PM |
| 30,000 mile service: Dealership or non-dealership? | EstherK | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 1 | 11-12-2008 12:40 PM |
| 11/02/08 Metro Auto Squad 1st Annual Car Show (my car club) | Jerkratt | NY / NJ/ CT / PA | 14 | 10-26-2008 05:51 PM |
| Japanese Mix Club Los Invitamos!!! | TunTun_yariS[PR] | Caribbean | 0 | 12-12-2006 12:03 PM |
| Buddy Club Wheels | BulletProofAuto | Sponsors Classifieds Area | 8 | 10-19-2006 06:55 PM |