![]() |
|
|
|
#91 |
|
Clean and (dis)Functional
Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tropical Minnesota
Posts: 562
|
TW Ice Paste
I normally rinse and dry my car again after waxing...read a few places this sets the wax (if you can understand/believe it). I live in the middle of Amish land....lots of farm land and dust. Without a rinse after waxing, many waxes act as dust magnets....I tried TW Ice Paste last night, without a final rinse, and today the winds came up and my little Black Betty looks like it was stored in a dirt floor shed for months, even the outer edges of the windows are dirt wherever the microfiber cloth touched. I'll use the TW Ice Paste once more with a rinse to see how it reacts....but I really got to say it's the worst dust magnet I've used in over 40 years!
__________________
____________ Old School Cobble Jockey
|
|
|
|
|
|
#92 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: yaris 2 door hatch Join Date: May 2007
Location: hemphill texas
Posts: 193
|
I use Muguirs gold Shines like a spanked baby bottom.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#93 |
![]() ![]() |
I agree with the Meguire's Gold, which I apply every 3-4 months. Works well and my car always cleans up well. Great product!
__________________
2007 Silver Streak Mica Yaris S Sedan 5 Speed dojo TSUKAMI Shift Nob Brake Light Pulser Daytime Running Lights http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm |
|
|
|
|
|
#94 |
|
The Beautification of Car
|
i tried out Black Magic Liquid Wax today, and FUck it, i'm not gonna use that thing again. Take forever to clean the wax, and them wax still on my car. Beware of Black Magic Liquid Wax.
3M and Ice, plus Meguire is the best i used so far. |
|
|
|
|
|
#95 |
|
The Beautification of Car
|
here is the new Product from Meguire
NEW Ultimate Quik Detailer... (Formally known as 129D) http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/thread/75.aspx |
|
|
|
|
|
#96 |
|
The Beautification of Car
|
i will switch to Meguire CLEANER WAX which i saw at the store today, i will give it a try tomorrow to see how it's turn out.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#97 |
![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris YRS Sedan Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 65
|
Hi,
I use Meguires NXT paste.... takes effort to put on and the shine is pretty good. Problem is, it is dusty when wiped off. Do not polish in the sun or you will get streaks. Seems to last a while especially if used with a wash and wax car wash. I used Formula 1 wash and wax and it give great results. Thanks |
|
|
|
|
|
#98 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Corolla Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 325
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#99 | |
|
Modification Condoner.
Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 360
|
Quote:
That's a mighty fine opinion, and while Zaino makes good products, as a pro detailer, I can assure you there's better. For less money.
__________________
Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#100 |
|
Modification Condoner.
Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 360
|
In fact, here's the proof.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
__________________
Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems |
|
|
|
|
|
#101 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Corolla Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 325
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#102 |
|
The Beautification of Car
|
black cars will look good on Merguiar, Ice, Mother... if you put a little bit time into it, me i do wax my car once a month, or polish it and wax it once a month-I know it's a waste but that is my habit and it's make me and my car happy. :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#103 |
|
The Beautification of Car
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#104 |
|
Modification Condoner.
Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 360
|
Lol thanks Jamal!
No worries grampi, I used to use Zaino, so I know its merits. The old Z2 was *plasticy* looking in my eyes, especially on black and red cars. The new Z5 pro is a nice compromise of looks and the durability of a sealant. The pics of the Yaris is with duragloss 105 tpp, a sealant ($9.99 for 16oz, less than 1/2 the price of Z5 pro). All the rest are with my fav wax, Clearkote Carnauba moose wax. http://store.danase.com/clcamowax.html
__________________
Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems |
|
|
|
|
|
#105 |
|
Modification Condoner.
Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 360
|
Oh and the DG 105 tpp will easily last as long as Zaino sealants, i.e. 5+ months. The wax is a decent durability for a wax, about 3 months. I can't wait 6 weeks to add/change what's on my Yaris, so 6 months+ is a waste for me unless it's winter.
__________________
Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems |
|
|
|
|
|
#106 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Corolla Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 325
|
Great! I will give the DG a try as I like to try new (even if they're only new to me) products all the time for comparison sake. Where do you buy this stuff? Thanks.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#107 |
|
toyota
Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: toronto, canada
Posts: 3,637
|
questing about ice anyone.. should i used ice then wax or wax then ice it..and what is the best paint sealer out there..im scared to use one due to it might damage the clear coat...??
|
|
|
|
|
|
#108 | |
|
Modification Condoner.
Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 360
|
Quote:
The cool thing about DG products is that they are available locally via Carquest and other places. You may have heard the craze over "Aqua Wax," well if so, they also make that product. It's a spray sealant/gloss enhancer that works amazingly well. Check duragloss.com for local places that have it. I think Napa does too. Online, Autogeek has it for good prices.
__________________
Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| Power-to-Weight Ratios of Yaris, Fit, Mini, etc. | Idjiit | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 6 | 10-06-2017 05:10 PM |
| 2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! | YarisBueller | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 104 | 06-24-2009 04:54 PM |
| Toyota Yaris to Sponsor FOX's "Prison Break" | YarisBueller | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 0 | 04-30-2006 08:01 PM |