Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
That Prius is ...How Much?

Last June, Toyota made a statement that only 2 percent of respondents to a customer satisfaction survey reported paying an extra dealer charge for their Prius.

Yet, every dealer I've contacted has added an average $3000.00 "Dealer Fee" to the price of their Prius hybrids.

I have been told that the fee is "non-negotiable" by multiple Toyota sale's staff.

Still, supply of the Prius does seem to be improving. Sale's reps have told me that this is due to 'unclaimed' cars. Essentially, those that have put a deposit on cars are failing to claim them, defaulting on their downpayment, and providing a few unclaimed and immediately available for sale Prius.

This is not me its an article I found on the net. Here are more lies by Toyota:

Hybrid Costs

> Hybrids cost about $3000 more than gas-only cars.

> But you'll save at least $5500 in fuel over the life of the vehicle
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote